• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 rads instalation

Hi

I am putting some 800 radiator on my 600 2006.I need to know if they are supose to be flush to the edge of the frame or protruding .Some picture and measurement would be very appreciated.I dont want to do holes in my frame where i am not suppose to.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Pat,
I suggest you start riveting the elbow section in place first, guide yourself with the marks of your other elbow section and work your way up the back. On mine it was higher than the top edge of the end of the frame by about 1/2". The only real deal is you have to make sure your track clears the rad. I think they've put mine higher because of the Camo Extreme track I got on it stock. Had problems fitting the back cowling everytime because of that. So I'd suggest: make sure you clear the track rivet the back end, try your tank on it, try your back cowling on top, adjust as needed.

Found a photo of the machine where we can kind of see it. On this photo I was testing the Walbro Fuel pick-up mod I came up with for the 45L tank. Might need that for your 45L tank by the way, baffle is a weird design and doesn't do its job of baffling at all, takes about 0.7 seconds for 10L of fuel to run through the back, so when you go uphill and you don't have much fuel left, your carbs run out of gas and you look like a big goof then lazy sledders watching make fun of Hawks !!! And usually you get a stuck on top of that if you're riding deep snow so two thumbs down on this baffle design ADB !!! Good thing is it doesn't happen to me and WhistlerHawk anymore !!!

Hope that helps !!!

26 - Hawk Idling.jpg

Premium Features