• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 high rpm bog

S

spook222

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2008
eastern washington
hey guys, need some help on this,
I have an 01 800 rmk that started cutting out at wide open throttle. almost acts like it's running out of fuel. we've changed the fuel pump and made sure the fuel line is free of debris, played with every combo of jetting and needle adjustments. Might be electrical? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
hey guys, need some help on this,
I have an 01 800 rmk that started cutting out at wide open throttle. almost acts like it's running out of fuel. we've changed the fuel pump and made sure the fuel line is free of debris, played with every combo of jetting and needle adjustments. Might be electrical? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is this sled new to you, or one that you have recently bought? If it is new to you, it sounds like jetting. Run it till bogs, then chop the throttle and hit the kill switch. Are the plugs dark and wet, or white and dry? If you have had this sled around for a while and are confident with the jetting, then it may be electical or even a dirty clutch.

S

spook222

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2008
eastern washington
I've had the sled for a while, I've been just using it as a spare or loaner, just seemed to come on all of a sudden. Maybe I can swipe a buddy's electrical for a trip I have all the electrical off of my old 97 700, could I make it fit do you think?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Also make sure its getting enough air and that nothing in air stream is blocked. What is your jetting?

J
Oct 18, 2009
your 800 bog

I had the same problem on my 700 rmk after going through the jetting and all sorts of mechanics on the phone it was still to no avail. Then once again i cleaned the carbs and found that one of the choke cables was not seating in the carb. The cable was pinched and would not close all the way when I turned it off. Resulting in my PTO side piston getting too much fuel and cutting out, Hope this helps.

Premium Features