• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Efi xp?

M
Dec 24, 2008
midwest
would it be possible to convert a XP800 to efi? Just dreaming up ideas here, but i was wondering if a m8 efi system could be fabricated/fitted onto the xp

G
Apr 23, 2008
There are many different systems to toss an injector or 2 or 3 on top of an existing carbs system.
I used the HKS additional injector controller to support fuel for my 1990 indy rxl turbos.. It works so so. aint no prince thats for sure..
As you might already know, I use carbs only now and would NOT go efi UNTIL it was an OEM system from BRP AND throttle body injected.

Remember that the wiring harness is only gauged for the oem amp loads,, more load,, more hot wires, more towstraps,, more excuese why YOU are the only one its happened too

One of the CAT guys is going to try the same thing.. Its been hell,,,,,, almost 20 years since we did it ,, The speed of the processors has come along way so it should be OK.

As far as boost goes, the injectors won't make it any easier to tune, it will actually get harder.. but those who want to use this method will put the time in to get satisfactory results.

Regardless of the end game, you will still be putting your hands in to jet as the A.I.C will only be appied durning boost, all off boost and transition tuning is still needle and pilot..

Gus
Good riding,, good roosting

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Myabe that would get rid of the Doo's nice, snappy bottom end and get some of that infamous Cat EFI BOOOOGGG. :beer;
Have had 3 EFI sleds and they all had spots that they didn't run nice and crisp,plus it's $300+ for a control box vs $2 for a jet. I'll take a carb anyday.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Myabe that would get rid of the Doo's nice, snappy bottom end and get some of that infamous Cat EFI BOOOOGGG. :beer;
Have had 3 EFI sleds and they all had spots that they didn't run nice and crisp,plus it's $300+ for a control box vs $2 for a jet. I'll take a carb anyday.

BUT They run upside down and start SUPER easy!!!! :eek:

Get electric start... I wouldn't trade the little bit of extra weight for anything in the world after a long hard day of riding. I replaced the 14 pound stock battery for a 3 pound after market one... Its a light duty battery so Ill see how it works when it gets cold out. Ill keep you posted.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Even if the lightweight battery fails, you don't need the battery to start it right? Just pull the rope? I don't think it's like the SDI where you need the battery to start the sled.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
wish i knew what happened to these guys. they said it was working well just had some final tweaking to do. then dissapeared. hmmmmmmm

IMG_1510.jpg

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
yeah. well lets hope they get it figured out. there would be a lineup of guys that would buy that system no matter what the cost im sure. there pricing was actually reasonable for the whole kit. on a side note do those look like cat throttle bodies. i cant really tell

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
AHMEN to this statement!!

Back on topic though. Yes it can be done and there are some doing and trying it and that's great and I understand all that, but hang tight Ski-Doo is closer to efi than we think;). It will actually be something usable too:)

Dave

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
maybe this is why they ahvent released a long track version of the 1200? because efi is coming on the 800?! hmm

Premium Features