• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bar risers

N

nerzger33

Feb 22, 2008
i am 6'3" and and just purchased an 09 summit 800 and am curious if i put i
10" bar riser on the sled if the cables will be long enough

and im also curious if anyone knows of any good 10" bar risers

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
i put 10 inch risers on my 09 summit x 800 and no problems with cables ,

friend of mine is 6'2 and did 12 inch risers without having to get cable extensions

these are a couple pics of mine www.Advantechperformance.com

APrisers021.jpg

APrisers020.jpg

APrisers019.jpg

Last edited:
S
Aug 31, 2008
Check these out...
10" tall, Anodized in Black, RE-machined for the EXTRA bling look

I put these on this year from smitty and although he's not paying me to say this(I will accept money back or advertizing fee haha:p), they are some of the best machine work I've seen in a long time and super strong, and you can't beat the price.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
define work ?

it definitly helps but it doesnt solve the clogging intake, you still have to clean it out just less often :)

wtf smitty you didnt tell me about those risers when i bought the other stuff from ya !!!

those look really nice, how much are those going for ?

those in the pic are like 130ish

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
Here are a set of Smittys 10in risers on my sled great product great fit. 10in fit with no problem.

P9120247.jpg

P9120253.jpg

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
I don't want to get off topic, but could you post some closeups of your control relocate, and a breif description of how hard it was, what was required, etc...

Thanks

It was alot of work, had a hard time getting an accurate wiring diagram for the 09 X model. Lots of soldering/heatshrinking and trial and error to get the correct conection. Hardest was figuring out the Hand/Thumb warmers because they are actually a toggle that controls a logic controller in the ECU. Not just a plain old low high like the good old days.
The left upper switches are hand/thumb.
The lower left button is reverse
The lower right button is kill
The upper right is light high/low

IMG_0572.jpg

C
Dec 26, 2007
BOZEMAN
Revdawg,

Your setup looks great!!! You said that you had trouble getting an accurate wiring diagram and I just bought a hold over Everest and have planned on doing a setup like yours. What do I need to look/ask for when getting the wiring diagram? Also does the guy that you bought your risers from have a website?

Thanks

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
Revdawg,

Your setup looks great!!! You said that you had trouble getting an accurate wiring diagram and I just bought a hold over Everest and have planned on doing a setup like yours. What do I need to look/ask for when getting the wiring diagram? Also does the guy that you bought your risers from have a website?

Thanks

here is a link to a thread i posted last spring http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137700
At the time when i was doing this none of the dealers had the 09 x model wiring diagram in thier hands yet. i just asked if i could photo copy thier diagram in sections cause it is a big 2'x2' sheet when all folded out.
Ended up with a pieced together 08 wiring diagram and figured out the rest with an ohm meter.
It wasn't cheap, about $200 just for the switches alone, But i hate the stock switch cluster on the doo's.
I dont think he has a website for the risers i just PM'd him on here.

K
Jan 20, 2009
Are your bars flat at the grip area?They look to be but i have seen pics where they look like they go up like stock Polarass ones which are terrible.

Premium Features