• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Controller reprogram??

O
Dec 15, 2007
I have a mcx rear on my apex bought the kit used i seems to be working fine except on the bottom end. Right when you pinch the throttle.. Ie if you were jumping off a cornice or a jump it will stumble..... Would like to get rid of that. Any ideas?? Would sending my controller box back for a reprogram help.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
The MCX control box only adjusts fuel under boost. What year was the kit/sled? It may be that your fuel regulator is connected on the motor side of the throttle bodies and when you let off a greater vacuum is created which reduces you fuel pressure too much and hit the throttle again it stumbles The newer kits have the sensing line for the fuel regulator on the intercooler. This helped our apex from having the same symptoms. When letting off it would caugh or even die some times.

O
Dec 15, 2007
It is an 07 apex. The intercooler has a pluged off line closer to the nose! Would that be that line? And where does it go? To the regulator.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I can not say for sure. I would have to see it. Follow the line going to you regulator and see where it is sensing from.

Premium Features