• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

phazer turbo with 1.25 or nytro xtx?

P
Aug 28, 2009
im having trouble deciding which i would like better for a sled. i do mostly boondocking some trail and across some rough open fields in northern sask. there is a phazer mtx up here with 48 km and 1.25" for 8 grand so with a turbo its gonna be around that 14. and a new nytro xtx is around the same. i want a light machine but don't want to free my @$$ off with no windshield. let me know what you all think!

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Go with the XTX, ride around Hudson Bay (Northeast Sask) all the time and the XTX is definately a better sled than a Phazer with a turbo. Have some experience riding both. The phazer with a turbo just does not perform near as well as a XTX will. They are really hard to get it running just right. GO XTX imo and you will have a better platform, suspension and motor.

Last edited:

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
go with xtx never rode one but had phazer turbo just to stay it cost 10000 bucks and all i got now is a paper wight just coouldnt get that thing to work right and if u get the xtx u got more options if u need more power u can always add a turbo and longer track latter

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Boondocking?

I have an XTX and have dome some tree work with it - I can't imagine trying such with a still narrower track.
The XTX handles well, is very nice to be around, but the weight penalty.....oh, the weight penalty!

;-)

MD.

Premium Features