• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer roof leaks help?!

S
Jan 27, 2008
Ogden
I have a charmac enclosed trailer and the roof leaks for the last 3 years have had it back to delearship a few times the trailer is 10 plus years old.. anybody have any solid answers to keeping the water out? Obviously the service department dose not and i am tiered of throwing money at them Thanks in advance

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Do you know where its leaking at??? If you do, look into a polyurethane sealant. I wouldn't use silicone it won't expaned and contract with the alluminum, or you could blackjack it or there is a rubber type tape they use on semi trailers. If you don't know where the leak is look into the (I don't know the name of it) silver sealer stuff they put on trailer house roofs. Just a couple of ideas, GOOD LUCK

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
well i use aluminum roof cement when i have to repair roofs on older trailer houses works good but not the most attractive repair if its right down near the edge where you can see it. my guess is there is a molding or edge guard not down tight or the famious roof vent.

S
Jan 27, 2008
Ogden
i think it is coming in a few of the seams, have looked into a coupple of products for painting on as have been used on trailer homes, sounds like that may be the answer as they seem to have a longer life thanks

Premium Features