• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo lag

T
Dec 16, 2008
I bought a 07 700 dragon with areo 5300 on it but has a half second lag before it ripps. Is this normal or is there something i can do to get quicker throttle response. I runs at 12lbs boost and goes hard when it takes off. This is an ovs set up and they have been great on helping me get running.Any Ideas. Turbo has just been gone through and recertifide.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Im sure your runnig race fuel.... no mater what you do there will be lag when running race fuel on your setup. Ive had mine dialed in perfect and still a spit second of lag. Race fuel burns longer and slower compared to the fast hot burn of lower octane fuels. Make sure your sled is dialed in for clutching and your veins are set right then you'll just have to get used to the throttle response.....

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I had the same set up. I geared mine down a bit. It will make the lag less noticible. You will hardly notice a top end loss. I liked mine better that way. Keep fresh springs, make sure they are not broke or fatigued. Erlandson Gold primary. I broke a few springs each season. I also ran a 44,42/50 helix. Seemed to work better than a straight helix.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
In other words. Lighter weights, steeper helix seemed to have less lag than heavy weights and less steep helix. Lighter weights steal less torque from the bottom end resulting in less lag and raise the engagement rpm to help get past the lag. This may not be the ultimate dragrace setup but it seems to make it a better all around mountain sled with more overall response. My two cents for what its worth.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
I agree on the clutching but be carefull not to rob your top end and midrange by trying to rid your lag. if its that big of a deal than i would greatly suggest dropping your boost down to 8 lbs or so and run 91 pump gas or a slight mix. This will help greatly in the response and you wont lose much hp. Even my '06 600 at 10lbs still highmarks 800 mod dragons all day:cool:

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Turn your fuel pressure down to 42 psi if you have not all ready

Care full make sure it is not lean in the mid and on boost:eek:

Premium Features