• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Breathing New Life into Little red

B
I bought an old '77 Enticer 250 for my boys. It needed a few parts and a little TLC, but I remembered as a teen, that they were a reliable, gutsy little sled. Like many, I've given up on the finicky Keihin carb, following the advice of others and have replaced it with a Mikuni VM34. I have it running (barely), but now I need to 'dial it in'. The VM34 I'm using has a 2.0 slide, 220 main jet, 50 pilot, and 6dh2 jet needle. I don't think I have the right needle jet as it's still running far too rich at low & mid throttle. Can anyone recommend a needle jet & needle combination? I am at 2100 ft in altitude. Also, I've been having a hard time finding an adapter flange that fits the 57.5 bolt spacing AND a VM34's 40mm OD spigot. I've checked out Dennis Kirk, Kimpex, and the only flanges with a 57-58mm bolt hole centre I can find, only go up to a 36mm ID bore.

Can anyone help me out?

Premium Features