• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flathead Avy Awareness Classes

zacs

Lifetime Membership
Avy Class in Fernie, BC

Hello all,

Yes, we do have an avalanche class running in Fernie this weekend - Jan 3 & 4.

The classroom session on Saturday, Jan 3 has lots room, but the field session on Jan 4 is full.

A custom classroom session has been scheduled for Jan 5th, provided that we can gather at least 10 people.
This would run from 9-5:30pm in Fernie.

If this schedule works for you and your riding partners, please contact Chrissy with Zac's Tracs.
403-938-1605 or zacstracs@gmail.com
We will tentatively register you and run the course once we have enough fully registered participants.

For general details and to download a registration form for the Fernie class, please follow this link.
Fernie, BC AST1 avalanche course

If you would like to learn more about Zac's Tracs, please do so at:
Why choose Zac's Tracs?

Last edited:
B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
there is an avy I for snowmobilers that consist of four classroom sessions at us forest service office. 650 wolfpack way next to glacier high school in kalispell. Mondays and wednesdays jan. 26th 28th feb 2nd and 4th. field sessions saturdays 1/31 and 2/7.call 406-758-5295 for more info. there are also a number of avy awareness programs that are available 1/6/09 6:30-8 at the wave in whitefish, 1/29/09 6:30-8 at the sportsman in kalispell, and 2/11/09 6:30-8 at the US forest service in kalispell. another event of interest is an avy awareness/practice with rescue equipment day at the summit of big mountain 1/24/09 11-3. this information was handed out at the local snomobile club meeting last month and came directly from the forest service.
check here for more info. http://www.glacieravalanche.org/calander.cfm

Last edited:

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I highly recommend the Level I course. I've taken it twice (along with a bunch of other ones). It's a good, all inclusive course.

Premium Features