• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to stay in Deadwood/Lead area??

P

polarisedge

Feb 20, 2008
NE SD
Can someone give me a good place to stay around there..
Somewhere with a place to park my truck and trailer?
Somewhere that won't break the bank?
Thanks... it's been a number of years since I've been there

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
rec springs, trailshead lodge, or you could stay in spearfish and unload at big hill will find better rates and good parking there. sounds like the spearfish area has the best snow anyhow. if you look at a trailmap you will be able to find how to get to bighill.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
Check on the rates at Cadillac Jacks....my personal favorite, last time out stayed at the Terrace Motel(next to First Gold), was good too...parking would be tricky at either with a large trailer though. The motel next to Perkins in Spearfish is good and easy to access...don't know name as it has changed recently.

sledding 002.jpg

H
Dec 3, 2008
Lead, SD
Super 8 has some trailer parking, it was 1/2 full this morning. Comfort Inn, Deadwood Gultch, Thunder Cove; they all have room for trailers and are on or very near a trail. Plenty of snow on the trail in both Deadwood and Lead to get out of town.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
stay at the Golden Hills in lead... Its by FAR one of the best places for the money.. and they have a shuttle to take you to deadwood if you would like.. they have a great restruant inside...

There is some nicer places in deadwood however they are far more expensive..

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
attachment.php

That looks like a nice place, how much? :face-icon-small-hap::face-icon-small-ton

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
whitetail court, trail comes right into it, nice people, let you use the shed for repairs if neccesarry, but trails get pretty beat up from there to past rec springs at nite. but like JR stated above seems that staying in spearfish is just as easy and its only a 8 mile drive to the parking area.

Last edited:
P

polarisedge

Feb 20, 2008
NE SD
whitetail court, trail comes right into it, nice people, let you use the shed for repairs if neccesarry, but trails get pretty beat up from there to past rec springs at nite. but like JR stated above seems that staying in spearfish is just as easy and its only a 8 mile drive to the parking area.

Yeah.. just called there and got a room for wife and I, heading out on Valentines/Presidents day weekend(only 5 hrs. away). Should be fun, can't wait. Friend of mine said they got a hot-tub out back.... probaly need it after 3 days on the trails.. thanks everyone

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
yea whitetail court is real good place. parking isnt the greatest though. they are nice people though. had to fix up a sled one year that had issues. guy let me use his garage and all his tools, he even had a welder.

H
Dec 3, 2008
Lead, SD
If anyone is in the area and needs repair help, let me know. A friend of mine who owned Thunderhead Rentals now has a small bar called the Hideout that has 2 garages with all the tools you would need. Shoot me a PM if want my cell number.

Premium Features