• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Boondocker Turbo

G
Nov 28, 2007
Havre, MT
Just wondering how many people out there are running M1000 turbos from boondockers with the new ADA controller. How are they compared to other systems? Is there a reason that they are $800 dollars cheaper? The other option Im looking at is OVS, running an aero. I would like to go with a Twisted but dont have time to make the trip to Ogden. Im only looking at 8-10lbs of boost, so absolute maximum hp doesnt matter to me, just dont want to tinker non-stop. I know the pump gas boondockers are working well with the ADA. The problems I were hearing of last year were with bad blow off valves, controlers that werent working and always needing adjusted, that, and parts fitment not sealing correctly thus causing air leaks. Any experiences good or bad and opinions welcome, as it is time to order. Snow is starting to come!
Thanks Zack

M

m8matt

Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't be too worried about the install with the Twisted kit....order it and install it yourself. I helped Shain install my kit and it didn't seem to bad.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
OVS does not offer a pump gas kit because us consumers don't need it. I am going to be running the first true Twisted Pump gas setup. You will be limited as to how much boost you can run by the limits of the stock injectors. Can run 4-6 lbs with the stock injectors (been tested), above that has not been tested. You can always add the secondary injectors to be safe.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Havre, MT
OVS does not offer a pump gas kit because us consumers don't need it. I am going to be running the first true Twisted Pump gas setup. You will be limited as to how much boost you can run by the limits of the stock injectors. Can run 4-6 lbs with the stock injectors (been tested), above that has not been tested. You can always add the secondary injectors to be safe.

I was looking to run a race gas kit and bring the boost down a bit with what ever kit I decide to go with. Maybe even play with some 50-50 mixing of 110 at 6000+ later on down the line. Shain (Twisted turbos) was also fairly adimint that I made the trip and did the porting and head mods. Im sure the add to the performance of the kit but I dont care that Im running the absolute top HP #s.

E
Nov 27, 2007
ogden, ut.
twisted turbos

Take your head and jugs off and send them to shaine, He will do the mods he does to them and send them back along with your turbo kit. IT is fairly easy to pull the head and jugs, then when you start installing the kit if you have qestions, call shaine and he will guide you through your concerns. Twisted kits are very complete and top notch. Also all the ball milled logos look killer!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features