• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy Training in SE Minnesota

Four Hour Avalanche Class Specifically for snowmobilers

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Take the class with those you ride with.

Cost $45 payable the night of the course -Must sign up in advance-

To sign up: Call Mike Duffy 970-390-9433 or email duffyww1@aol.com

Date: December 10th

5327 East Frontage Rd NW
Rochester, MN 55901

Time: 6pm-10pm

To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Four Hour Avalanche Class Specifically for snowmobilers

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Cost $45 payable the night of the course -Must sign up in advance-

To sign up: Call Mike Duffy 970-390-9433 or email duffyww1@aol.com

Date: December 10th

5327 East Frontage Rd NW
Rochester, MN 55901

Time: 6pm-10pm

To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding.

Any other classes within driving distance of IL this year? I was told there is a class in White Bear on the 12th and hoped to make it. I know you were out here at the Milwaukee show and missed the training. Thanks.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Cuzzinolaf, you can get in touch with Mike Duffy via email at duffyww1@aol.com or call him at 970-390-9433. As the instructor of the course, he would be the best person to ask.

I feel like his stalker. I called and emailed him and now just waiting on a response.

Thanks!

mwboondockers

Midwest Boondocker’s
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Trempealeau,Wis.
Great class

If you are mountain rider from the midwest I would highly recommend this class. I went to it last friday in Minneapolis and it was very informative and well worth the money. Mike is a great instructor. Just my opinion if you are thinking about going.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I've been on the road and have not had internet in some locations, sorry for not responding sooner. There will be a four hour Avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class at Big Tom's Motorsports in White Bear Lake, MN on Dec 12th (Friday night) from 6-10pm. To sign up call Tom at 651-653-3507.
Thanks for the interest, Mike Duffy

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Here are the complete details on the Rochester class

Do you ride out west?

Four Hour Avalanche Class
Specifically for snowmobilers

Avalanche class coming to Rochester, MN
Classes are effective, proven and affordable.

Cost $45 Must sign up in advance

Date: December 10 Wednesday night
Location: River Valley Power and Sport. 5327 East Frontage RD NW Rochester, MN 55901
507-287-3333
Time: Wednesday 6pm-10pm
To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years. Member American Avalanche Association.
Course content:
-Introduction to avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports.
-Signs of instability/stability analysis.
-Equipment.
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Effective hasty search techniques.
-Mistakes in rescue.
-Group Dynamics/heuristics.
-Slide show: Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps.
-Preparing for your trip.
-What to do if lost or injured.
-Stability tests.
-Scenarios.

Premium Features