• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sh*t Weather!!!!!!!

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Looks like a another great start to a snow less winter here in southern Mn and the worst part is that it is off to a slow starting out west this year!!!!!!Wish someone would buy my sleds then it would snow for sure.
Can't wait to deer hunt in 60 degree weather again!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
It will change. My brother lives in Big Sky and things are going to change starting tomorrow night and continue to be unsettled for the next week. The snow can pile up quick out west. As for here it takes a 2months to get going and 2 days to end it.

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
lookin a little better

Next weeken's forcast is calling for a freezing temps' at night and just above freezing for day's with a little snow.

Johndee.com

graffic forcast.
text forcast.

Looks like a another great start to a snow less winter here in southern Mn and the worst part is that it is off to a slow starting out west this year!!!!!!Wish someone would buy my sleds then it would snow for sure.
Can't wait to deer hunt in 60 degree weather again!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

we dont get enough snow to do anything till mid nov in normal yrs in the NW.. sooo.. u r speaking a little to soon on our behalf..

B
Nov 26, 2007
Average temps in Central MN this first part of November are 40's. Jumping the gun I think on having a snowless year. And there are a lot of people riding out west already. If it was January and we had no snow then yeah I could see your point. Just give it some time winter will get here.

A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
I'd say its an early jump on a snowless year. Been riding a couple diffrent time this year and even rode in an area that you never see snow like that. BLACKHILLS, not the steepest terrain but some quality boondocking and riding to be had there right now.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
It was far from 60 when i was hunting this weekend 20 deg and 45mph winds! Not good for hunting but on the inside i was smiling! Have to freeze the ground first!

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Temps are there now where is the snow? I usually can careless if it is snowing in MN just as long as West Yellowstone is getting it but for the next 10 days the forecast for southern Mn looks better then West's . For those of you who though I was jumping the gun on my snow prediction one more month down and know snow!!!!!!!!:eek:

M
Sep 4, 2007
Minnesota
You need to give up up snow in Mn. It's not going to happen in the southern half. Maybe a shot here or there that you can get a day or 2 of riding on but that's it. But out West it will snow!

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I have gave up on riding in MN put on 13 miles last year in MN that was giving the daughter a ride around. But made four great trips out west and it starting to look like a ****ty year for them too. Just read that they had to move the annual cross country ski race that takes place in West Yellowstone because of know snow. I can only remember one other year they had to do that and town had more snow that year (winter 97-98) then this year. That winter of 97-98 was low snow all year!!!!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have gave up on riding in MN put on 13 miles last year in MN that was giving the daughter a ride around. But made four great trips out west and it starting to look like a ****ty year for them too. Just read that they had to move the annual cross country ski race that takes place in West Yellowstone because of know snow. I can only remember one other year they had to do that and town had more snow that year (winter 97-98) then this year. That winter of 97-98 was low snow all year!!!!

I find it funny that you will drive 15+ hours to ride out west but not 4-5 hours to northern MN for some good short trip riding.

But it has been nice that a lot of people take your thought to it because it has opened up the trails and riding areas of northern MN for the rest of us.:rolleyes:

S
Jun 17, 2008
Gilbert, MN
There are tons of awesome spots on the northshore to explore. Many areas around Finland/Isabella receive 150+" a year and have some excellent fresh powder runs down old logging trails. It is a very close drive for most of us and a beautiful ride. The UP is only a few hours further and they can receive 300+" each year in the snowbelts. Great snow is in the area, just need to look!

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Ssshhhhhh

Hiddin secret. I go out west 2 time's a year. Ride MI about 3-4 time's a year and best of all for a day trip we head to two habor's, plenty of off trail riding to be had. If your sold on not sledding in MN. GOOD don't ride in a place that is just like MI, It's quick to get to and you can put in a full day of rideing.

S
Dec 12, 2007
i don't know about you but here in shakopee we've got just enough for the short tracks to run around. and as i sit here and type.. i look outside and its snowing heavily and building up. the gf and i are going out tomorrow. woot woot

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I have rode Northern Mn Northern wisconsin but have never been to the UP. I guess if i am going to have to drive over six hours there better be some mountains to ride. I am not saying you can't find snow around Mn but you sure can't find any Mountains and that is what I like to ride. Use to put 3000 miles on a sled only riding in Mn and Wisconsin then move to Montana for a couple of winters and since have not had much desire to ride around here. Father-in-law has a cabin between Hackensack and longville only be there twice nice riding just don't get the rust from riding up there anymore. By the way there is enough snow around New Ulm that you could buzz around in the ditchs say a couple sleds on the way home from work.

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Second thought's

I would be willing to bet some of you guy's that don't ride MN might want to re-think there way's

Go to JohnDee.com and check out the graphic forcast, scroll all the way down to see his prediction for the next week. Look's pretty good.

Gas em up

S
Jun 17, 2008
Gilbert, MN
Yup you gotta love what John Dee if forecasting. Hopefully his predictions hold right and we have a strong winter snowfall year in the Midwest. We are off to a good start with the cold in November to freeze up the lakes and swamps. Little by little the snow is flying outside the window. Definitley enough to get out and tune the sled in. I am headed to the U.P. this weekend to ride the fresh LES, then hopefully the rest of the year is spent in Northern MN minus one trip out west in the spring.

Premium Features