Utah Will No Longer Honor Out-Of-State Off-Highway Registrations Beginning Jan. 1

December 2019 Feature

Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states when it comes to out-of-state off-highway registrations. Off-highway vehicles include snowmobiles, ATVs, off-highway motorcycles and side-by-sides.

This out-of-state permit costs $30 and is good for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you order the permit online, there is an additional $5 charge.

If you’d rather pick one up in person, please visit one of our vendors to purchase one face-to-face.

Remember to bring:

  • Proof of residency: driver’s license or other state-issued identification.
  • Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale.

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-resident fees.

The non-resident permit funds go directly back into Utah’s motorized recreational sport.  The permits fees are directed toward trail construction, trail improvements, trail maintenance, OHV education, OHV facility development, and enforcement.

  • Like what you read?

    Want to know when we have important news, updates or interviews?

  • Join our newsletter today!

    Sign Up
You Might Also Be Interested In...

Send to your friends!

Welcome to Snowest!

Have a discount code on us.

Discount Code: