• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yes the T3 is that awesome!

R
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for the post. I know you guys out west all ride the 163's and up. Flatlander from NewEngland here. Ordered the 16 154 T3. Im hoping I don't get smoked by my buddies Pro or M8. Riders being equal, I know it will stay with the M8. But what about the Pro?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Between a 163 and a 155 the rider will much more of a difference than the sled with a little more track. Whether it's a cat, doo, pol, whatever....they're all very capable these days. Yes there are longer tracks out there, but a 154 3" is still a lot of sled.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Thanks for the post. I know you guys out west all ride the 163's and up. Flatlander from NewEngland here. Ordered the 16 154 T3. Im hoping I don't get smoked by my buddies Pro or M8. Riders being equal, I know it will stay with the M8. But what about the Pro?

Ridden that sled, you will love it, the 3 inch is not noticeable on the trail as being much different than the 2.5 and the 154 is fun! You will love it, as far as getting beat by other sleds, well that will come down to if they are better riders as all the sleds are nice, the t3 is the easiest to ride though from a new rider right on up to a top rider.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Not really sure I would want to be known as the snowmobile that is best for "tandeming" I would get a real snowmobiler to endorse my sled not a skier IMHO.

I haven't spent any time on the snow with one but I believe that it will climb like a billy goat.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA

I too am from new England and own a pro and spring ordered the new axys. my girl had a 14 summit xm and hated it so I spend about 2 months on it for the 14 season. let me start by saying I'm not brand loyal I just call it like I see it. I'm no pro, I get better every time out, for the newbie to back country the pro is hands down the best sled to learn on in my experience, followed by the cat then the doo. I know real good riders who make the doo work and I know real good riders who traded doos for pros cuz they hated them. we talk a lot about this in our group and feel as tho the pro is better suited for the terrain and sno conditions we have to deal with here. its all personal preference but my girl rode the pro all this year after selling the summit and to watch her sidehill thru trees without getting stuck or frustrated made me very happy and proud. lets just say 2014 with her and even me on the summit was less than fun to say the least. I hate Polaris, I think they make a cheap, unreliable sled especial compared to doo but the sled just works.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Not really sure I would want to be known as the snowmobile that is best for "tandeming" I would get a real snowmobiler to endorse my sled not a skier IMHO.

I haven't spent any time on the snow with one but I believe that it will climb like a billy goat.

Define" real snowmobiler". Many pro sledders come from skiing and snowboarding and if a sled will rock through 2-3 feet of pow with two people on it , imagine what it does with one, in BC we lead the way with sledding and sled skiing/snowboarding. All the top movies are filmed here, on sleds, skis and snowboards all using sleds to access and ride. I ride 5-6 days a week throughout he season 5-7 thousand km a year so having a bunch of different ways to access the backcountry is what it is all about. You may not know it but the biggest aspect of people coming into the sport of sledding come from skiing and snowboarding so it is always great to have others talk about their experience, it may not help you but it helps a lot of others. Have fun, dave

Premium Features