• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why so many turbo sleds for sale?

G
Dec 20, 2007
There are two very simple reasons there are so many turbo Axys’s for sale right now:

- new chassis for 2022 SC
- factory turbo with warranty that supplies same power as BD sidekick

I considered SCing one and selling my 800 Axys BD sidekick, but just decided 27k cdn for a new sled isnt worth it for small gains for me right now. Having said that, most people simply look at the $/month, which works for them.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
There are two very simple reasons there are so many turbo Axys’s for sale right now:

- new chassis for 2022 SC
- factory turbo with warranty that supplies same power as BD sidekick

I considered SCing one and selling my 800 Axys BD sidekick, but just decided 27k cdn for a new sled isnt worth it for small gains for me right now. Having said that, most people simply look at the $/month, which works for them.
Can the sidekick be set up to run 91 pump with 10% ethanol?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Ya new motor before it gets outside the create. Just keep your head in the sand
i guess you memory doesn't go back to 2012 when cat had their reliable 800s blowing up within 10 miles of the trailer ! yeah i remember cause i rode those crappy sleds of 20 years . so whos got there head in the sand ,btw they have come along way with the same chassis they've been running since 12, a 10 year old chassis is not cutting edge , now how bout you head back over to you forum and stop trying to stir crap .

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
You guys with turbo experience,
Do you see these 3 or 4 year old sleds with sidekick Turbo and under 2000 miles as bargains or as ticking time boms.
For example, 2017 axys pro low miles BD sidekick for 10k.
Depends. Ya just have to go through it like any other sled. Boost pressure at what elevation makes the difference. I just put new pistons in my '18 at 3,500 miles, 5# boost, 6-9k feet. At that much boost, it's just barely over stock power at sea level. The old pistons were a bit sloppy, but everything looked great. I would stay away from a sled that ran over 7# boost at any elevation. The wear and tear gets to be exponential as the boost goes up.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ive had a number of turbo sleds over the years, I do t think it has made them any more unreliable. As long as you run hood fuel and avoid detonation, which is the save for an NA sled. I’ve seen many turbo sheds go a lot of pull and go trouble free miles. I think there are so many for sale because there are just a ton of them out there. Every sled gets sold eventually.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Imo it's just because turbos r getting more popular. My 2018 with silber has been pull n go for 1000+ miles. Haven't done anything other than adjust belt and cleaned exhaust valves once. Running TSR clutch setup.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features