• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Neither is mine =) I have seen other brands broken and being towed out from time to time, so i guess all brands have their problems. Also, the glue seems to be holding up very well. I have yet to see any glued parts coming apart, and i have been about dozens of Pros.

Cheers!

Hahahahaha!! oh yea they all come apat. I have owned 3 pro's and I have had the glue come apart. Last year was my last seson on a polaris, for now. Yes they do have the best technical Chassis, but that is where they stop being the best. Just my thoughts. But what do I know.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
This whole thread is for nothing more than entertaiment. Because for anyone to think that one sled can be the best in todays market, well is just crazzzzzy! Not one brand of sled is superior in every aspect of back country riding!
IMO theards like these are for us, so we can pass the time tell we can hit the snow with our weapon of choice. Its like a snow ball fight except with, " my sled is bette than your sled" as our projectiles! So dont get to brave with telling everyone yours is the best. You might get hit in the face with a snow ball.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Im trying not to laugh, cause it sucks to be in the back country and have sled problems. Plus it can happen to anyone, but this time it is a pro, but whats even funnier is he has it on video. :becky:

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
This whole thread is for nothing more than entertaiment. Because for anyone to think that one sled can be the best in todays market, well is just crazzzzzy! Not one brand of sled is superior in every aspect of back country riding!
IMO theards like these are for us, so we can pass the time tell we can hit the snow with our weapon of choice. Its like a snow ball fight except with, " my sled is bette than your sled" as our projectiles! So dont get to brave with telling everyone yours is the best. You might get hit in the face with a snow ball.

I've been hit in the face with Red, Yellow, Green and Blue snow balls! They all suck! Fun when you're throwin, not so fun when you're takin one in the face!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I've been hit in the face with Red, Yellow, Green and Blue snow balls! They all suck! Fun when you're throwin, not so fun when you're takin one in the face!

Isnt that the truth!!! I wish everyone a kick A@# season!!
Ill be waiting at the top of the mountian on my Cat!! :face-icon-small-win

P
Nov 4, 2010
My last 3 sleds were cat, poo, doo, don't drink any of the koolaid. When I bought my new sled this year it was between the poo and doo. Would have been happy on either of them but the deciding factor was who would give me the best deal and the best warranty, poo won. Love the etec motor and the xm chassis is great, but the poo is so much lighter, is just a little easier to make it do what I want it to do.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
My last 3 sleds were cat, poo, doo, don't drink any of the koolaid. When I bought my new sled this year it was between the poo and doo. Would have been happy on either of them but the deciding factor was who would give me the best deal and the best warranty, poo won. Love the etec motor and the xm chassis is great, but the poo is so much lighter, is just a little easier to make it do what I want it to do.

I run a Polaris snow flap on my Doo so you Poo guys will have something familiar to follow,,,:becky:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
But not as good as

PRINOTH-BEAST_gallery_widget_full.jpg

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
You know Poo's new slogan - 'I see the line'? - it sounds so much better than 'I saw your track and poached it'.

And on a similar note Poo's had to get good at boondocking because there was no way they could make anything in a straight climb.:face-icon-small-hap

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I ride Polaris now but spent more than 30 years on Ski-Doo. I am really surprised at this poll result as I know many guys on T3's this year and very few 15 Pro's being sold. I expect many Polaris guys are still waiving the flag for their 12-14 Pros.

The reality is a Doo does not do so well in Polaris terrain and the Polaris does not do so well in Doo terrain.

The Doo's are plush, powerful and will climb like a Billy Goat. This makes them the ultimate 2 stroke hill climber. The Polaris is not best suited to going straight up the mountain but if you want to side-hill through tight trees all the way to the top, it will not be beat. It is all about making impossible twists and turns and not getting stuck doing so.

The Cat, well it should be good this year with all the tweaks done to the latest models, the only problem is that they are kinda like a unicorn around here, we hear about them but no one ever seems to ride one. Or at least in the groups I ride with.:lol:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
To be honest with you I would be happy to ride any one of the brands mountain sleds right now. Right now I am on a Pro. The new XM is nice, the new cat looks like they got it dialed in and the Yamaha is much closer than it was a year ago add the factory turbo and even better yet.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
About your voting tip;

Track does not make the sled, just like tires do not make the car.

You can put any tire you want on a Yugo and it is still just a Yugo.

The track on the Banana sled is just one more of the many sales gimmicks Doo is trying to woo customers away from the other brands. Most that fall victim to this marketing suffer from small sausage syndrome and have badAzz lifted diesel trucks and other known small sausage syndrome purchases to make them feel equal to the rest of us. I would bet that a huge percentage of the T3's sold will never leave the Praire. As the purchaser does not have the testicular fortitude to ride it to it's potential, whatever that ends up being.

im from the north and most local riders ride pol and cat, and we mostly ride untouched backcountry with no marked or groomed trails.
many of the out of towner posers that dont ride much and are from the flats show up with thier lifted dodges, klim from head to toe and thier bomies with all the gimicks to help make them ride like a seasond vetran, than they try following our tracks that lead them into tricky terrain and have to either turn around or attempt it and realize thier screwed lol
I also see alot of this in southern bc, i was out last season at crowfoot mtn and it was poser ville with a ton of bomies there, i found a treed hill and i picked lines as difficult as i could and proceeded to side hill it while crossing many deep ruts but i had fun pushing the pro to its potential, the kids on the bananas would come in with thier sleds and have thier gf sit at the bottom while these posers would climb straight up and do it over again, making thier gf think they were some sort of expert. To me bomie uses gimmicks to sell thier sled to make you believe if you buy thier sled you will be a pro rider and spank the rest, they use all kinds of eye candy colors, and false ads saying thier tops in hp when its a known fact that cat holds that title.
The only way to become a good rider is u gotta ride the terrain, push your limits and dont be a follower than u could ride any of the 3 and dangle with the best of them.

Premium Features