• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what do you guys think?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
snowride adventures

We are requesting that Polaris Snowmobiles are NOT to be used in conjunction with our guiding services, unless booked as an exclusive tour option.
It is our experience that the foot rests on the RMK Pro chassis as well as the lack of safety tethers present major safety issues. We have also experienced heightened incidents of part failures affecting multiple aspects of the RMK Pro chassis that have confronted us with major on-snow challenges and impact the experiences of other guests.
We sincerely apologize to all the great Polaris dealers that put their hearts and souls into their businesses, our decision is no way a reflection of your dedication and services. We are offering a 15% discount on demo units from Broken Boundary Adventures as a consolation to Polaris riders.
This will not apply to guests that have already pre-registered.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SnowRide-Adventures/248624841834595?fref=nf

looks like ride with chris brown will get some more clients in whistler!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Can't imagine that not deterring at least a few potential customers, but it's his business and can operate as he pleases, and obviously feels it's worthwhile. Maybe he's trying to tighten up relations with a different manufacturer. Maybe he really has had that many bad experiences with the issues he's listed. Maybe both?

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
this business decision also reflects my experience with that brand also...not to say that some owners have no problems with their poos, and they are a fun sled to ride....but i can't drink enough kool-aid to overcome that piece of krap engine...not to mention electrical problems and drive train breakages....i am tired of being poo industries developement and validation victim...i voted with my feet 4 years ago, best thing i ever did...:rose:

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Yep, he's butt hurt at poo and trying to make a point. Plenty of other outfits to spend money with.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Interesting...
Jorli is on here all the time I'll wait for his response.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Safety tether is a $20 add on (SeaDog PWC type with split clip retails for $18 Cdn) plus less than 30 minutes install. Loops are a bit tight but that will vary depending on boot preference & foot size ... I have had foot stuck in other sleds' loops too..

Personally, I use the tether when riding and agree that it should be stock / OEM supplied ... but I see lots of OEM tethers dangling unclipped ....

If concerns are that great it would merit a complaint to Transport Canada / applicable US governing body.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Neither cat or yamaha comes with a tether, but those are still allowed. This is a personal vendetta against Polaris that will cost him thousands in lost revenue.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Sounds like the people on pro's kept leaving everyone else behind:) What kind of a business person would alienate the largest group of owners in the mountain segment? If I was preregistered I would become cancelled! Next it will be any black sled because he doesn't like the color...

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Whiny B***h

"Everyone comes and abuses our sleds and they have problems "
Waaaa!!!!!
Trying to ride a pro all mellow like is impossible because they bring out the playfulness in everyone.
Stick them on water buffalo's and they sit down and ride all day with no issues.
Plus when the doo's hit a stick we get a big insurance check!!!!

Or else the local polaris dealer got sick of dealing with a whiner and pissed in the guys cheerios.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Bold. But he is part right in saying the footwells/boards are dangerous. Powdertracs are sharp!!! Had to leave the mountain and get stitches once last year from em, and ive wrecked both a coat and bibs on them. Also lucky to not have broke a leg on the mountain a few years ago when my foot got stuck in the footwell.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I wouldn't trade my stock boards for any other stockers on the market, spent years trying to keep my feet from sliding off, now a manufacturer makes the most awesome ones to come out of any factory and guys are whining because they are "too" good??? I shredded more than one pair of bibs on my M8 boards and took a ride with my foot stuck in the footwell. I learned not to put my feet in ANY footwell and if you fall on boards that have any kind of decent traction you're gonna pay a price;)

H

hahler2

Dec 27, 2011
I agree with sandman. Almost broke my ankle last winter in Togwotee on an M8. Can happen on any model. Plus the lack of a tether is a bs argument too. No cats or yamahas come with a tether. And all the ski doo guys I know that do have one its just clipped on the dash somewhere. Only people I ever see that actually use a tether are the 4 stroke guys that have installed a roll over valve.

C
Dec 24, 2014
So he is seriously not willing to guide people if they bring Polaris sleds of their own? Or is he just not wanting to rent them out?

Telling people they can not bring their own sleds is ludicrous and will cost him a fair amount of business. Changing brands as a rental outfit really would not require a statement like that. Just change brands and have your reasons, fair enough.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
So he is seriously not willing to guide people if they bring Polaris sleds of their own? Or is he just not wanting to rent them out?

Telling people they can not bring their own sleds is ludicrous and will cost him a fair amount of business. Changing brands as a rental outfit really would not require a statement like that. Just change brands and have your reasons, fair enough.

No polaris sleds welcome. starting now unless already booked.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Wanna bet he's either being sued, or being threatened, from an injured customer, and this one of his responses? Foot loops are more of problem on the pro. That's just reality. Overreaction, maybe, but it's his business. Don't like it, just don't go there. It's not like he's posting it here in your face.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Wanna bet he's either being sued, or being threatened, from an injured customer, and this one of his responses? Foot loops are more of problem on the pro. That's just reality. Overreaction, maybe, but it's his business. Don't like it, just don't go there. It's not like he's posting it here in your face.

Absolutely he is being sued. Pretty much admits it on facetube mentioning a "recent incident" and telling someone else they "may look at it again once this simmers down"....

ALL snowmobiles are dangerous. I have been footlooped by all of them, the Pro just last weekend. More of a problem? You are going to need a LOT better evidence than that.

He goes on to rip Polaris reliability pretty good too, which is unnecessary and much more of a reflection on his customers than Poo's sleds.

Yes, it is his business and his choice. Doesn't affect me in the least since I am not a potential customer anyway. Seems like a rookie business owner mistake to me. Giving in to pressure puts him exactly where the opposing lawyer wants him. Now he has alienated the most popular sled in the world and most of its riders. It will be interesting to see if his business survives.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Who cares? I have zero intention of ever spending my hard earned money with that outfit. It's the business owner's decision, right, wrong, or otherwise.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Absolutely he is being sued. Pretty much admits it on facetube mentioning a "recent incident" and telling someone else they "may look at it again once this simmers down"....

ALL snowmobiles are dangerous. I have been footlooped by all of them, the Pro just last weekend. More of a problem? You are going to need a LOT better evidence than that.

He goes on to rip Polaris reliability pretty good too, which is unnecessary and much more of a reflection on his customers than Poo's sleds.

Yes, it is his business and his choice. Doesn't affect me in the least since I am not a potential customer anyway. Seems like a rookie business owner mistake to me. Giving in to pressure puts him exactly where the opposing lawyer wants him. Now he has alienated the most popular sled in the world and most of its riders. It will be interesting to see if his business survives.

Risky business "guiding" sledders in any terrain let alone big terrain. Accidents do and will happen, more often when we are pushing our limits. We are in the sue someone if you can era and it sucks. The losers of frivolous lawsuits should be liable for the defendants legal bill...period.
I agree that going on record and claiming a poo is more dangerous than any other sled in the mountains weakens his position in a lawsuit. The reliability claim is ridiculous, have been riding a long time and all brands break. The newer Pros do not break any more than the other brands. He should have excluded any sled in a condition they deem unreliable and not named a brand, that way they wouldn't alienate a lot of potential customers.

Premium Features