• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Welding onto ARO tunnel

S
Jan 28, 2019
Im trying to weld a few accessories onto the top of the sheet metal on the ARO tunnel (the shiny horizontal piece between the 2 vertical black frame components) Is that piece of aluminum made from a weldable series or non weldable aluminum?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Im trying to weld a few accessories onto the top of the sheet metal on the ARO tunnel (the shiny horizontal piece between the 2 vertical black frame components) Is that piece of aluminum made from a weldable series or non weldable aluminum?
It’s weldable.
Basic 5052.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Whenever I'm going to mod a kit in that kind of way I just replace the stock panel then go to town. You could buy a piece of 5052, brake it, then mod it. Keep your stock panel for resale. Not everyone wants a mod done. Just a thought its a simple piece to make.

M5

S
Jan 28, 2019
It’s weldable.
Basic 5052.

Whenever I'm going to mod a kit in that kind of way I just replace the stock panel then go to town. You could buy a piece of 5052, brake it, then mod it. Keep your stock panel for resale. Not everyone wants a mod done. Just a thought its a simple piece to make.

M5

Thanks for the feedback.

What about these frame rail things? are they a weldable series? I want to weld in a bracket for a 2 gallon gas can.
1642141067802.png

Premium Features