• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WASHER for front suspension

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
2015 RMK 800, there are little waved type washers where the upper A-arm bolts onto the frame. They seem to be there to take up any slack, movement in the bolt connection. According to parts diagram, looks like part 7571605 (spring washer). Need to replace a couple but can't find anywhere. Even asked at a couple bolt stores with no luck. Can I use something else? Maybe a teflon washer to take up the space??
Any ideas are appreciated.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
While I don’t know the definitive answer I will point out that axys and matryx use a flat washer with minimal side play or gap.
when I frankenbuilt a narrow RMK Evo I used axys washers to get things similar to axys setup. Worked fine. YMMV.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I just looked at mine, and I'm actually missing one - I'd never noticed it before. I can't see where it's causing any issues, and I have no idea why you'd need it. Typically, the bushing itself takes up most of the slack. I'm not surprised a hardware store wouldn't have something like that; if it were me, I'd substitute a plastic washer if I could find one that fits (maybe that's how the AXYS is set up - I've never looked that close).

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
thanks for the input. Since one side didn't have any washers for who knows how long, I ended up making my own. Took a sheet of teflon that happen to be laying around the shop and cut out some washers. Since these washers just fill in the slack, they seem to work fine. Been in there for 3 rides now.

Premium Features