• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wanted: Red Line snowmobile oil, Missoula MT area OR we can do a group buy

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Wanted: Red Line snowmobile oil, Missoula MT area OR we can do a group buy. I found where I can get a case of 4 gallons for a little over 30 a gallon but don't want that much oil... so if someone wants to go in on it with me we could do a group buy. PM me if interested, or if you have a source for this oil near here.

F
Mar 28, 2011
Beaver Dam, Wi.
Wanted: Red Line snowmobile oil, Missoula MT area OR we can do a group buy. I found where I can get a case of 4 gallons for a little over 30 a gallon but don't want that much oil... so if someone wants to go in on it with me we could do a group buy. PM me if interested, or if you have a source for this oil near here.

I can sell you Red line oil for $32 a gallon plus shipping.
PM me if interested.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thanks, I think shipping would kill the deal for me tho... I found it locally at one shop but if I recall correctly they wanted $45 a gallon. Ouch. One other shop is checking into it for me too. Or a local distributor can sell a case of 4 to me for $33 a gallon but I have to buy 4...

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
ok guys not shure how long it will last but redline snowmobile oil 75% off thru amizon.com comes out to 57 bucks a case of 4 gals plus shipping i just bought 2 cases i believe there were still 11 cases left hope this helps also shipping wasn't that much comes from drop ship loc'n.:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Did you try Harts? I know he's got Redline sitting on his shelves.

I know Crawfords did when I was in there last time too.

K
Dec 29, 2007
ok guys not shure how long it will last but redline snowmobile oil 75% off thru amizon.com comes out to 57 bucks a case of 4 gals plus shipping i just bought 2 cases i believe there were still 11 cases left hope this helps also shipping wasn't that much comes from drop ship loc'n.:face-icon-small-hap

That deal does not exist....at least not anymore.

Redline must have went down in price since last year. I think I paid $34....hmmmm

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
ya just went back to same page and now shows 199 for case of 4 thru amazon, it has not showed up yet but i ordered 2 cases at 75% off shows 10 cases left was 13 when i bought 2 so someone else must have at least scored 1 case at 57 bucks also, well i tried, my friend recomended redline to me so i did a yahoo search for best snowmobile 2 stroke oil and the amazon add came up, i have done lots of research on oil as my skidoo 800 busted a ring using the polaris blue syn blend stuff so wanted a better oil and found better on snowest pulling up oil search so saw what you guys were paying there and just figured that year end close out of the stuff, i will find out within a week if it was a fluke or not, hope at least 1 of you guys got the other case.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
don't take long to go through 4 gallons
Depends on how much you ride, and where the oil adjustment is set. It is set pretty rich on the 860, uses quite a bit more oil than the stock 800 D8 I had...

Did you try Harts? I know he's got Redline sitting on his shelves.

I know Crawfords did when I was in there last time too.
Crawfords does not carry it any more and said their distributor for it was out of business (Belgrade). I informed them that A&I carries it.

ya just went back to same page and now shows 199 for case of 4 thru amazon, it has not showed up yet but i ordered 2 cases at 75% off shows 10 cases left was 13 when i bought 2 so someone else must have at least scored 1 case at 57 bucks also <snip> saw what you guys were paying there and just figured that year end close out of the stuff, i will find out within a week if it was a fluke or not, hope at least 1 of you guys got the other case.

Argh, not me... if I had subscribed to this thread like I should have maybe I would have gotten some.

Ended up buying a full case of 4 gallons the other day from A&I. Cheaper than Poo synth oil anyway, and cheaper than Harts (I understand they gotta make a buck too), and I am sure I will use it eventually. If someone needs a gallon or two in the Missoula area I would be willing to part with for my cost.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Mitch, I'll need a gallon or two right away.
Missed your message Scott, sorry about that! I would be willing to sell 2 gallons no problem. I will PM you with the actual price I paid and we can arrange to meet up, I go through Florence almost every weekday and sometimes on Sundays too. I know A&I stocks it now so we can get it there a case at a time.

Premium Features