• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ULTIMATE PRO-PEX!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
My life would be complete if i had a shop with tools and knowledge to build a monster mountain sled. Looks exciting!

It is a lot of fun! I get a lot of satisfaction out of building them as well as riding them afterwards. I looked long and hard at just buying a new model this year but after looking all of the big brands over I just felt nothing was up to par. Figured id build one that covered all of the weak spots of the other brands. Hopefully im going the right direction!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Also my temp oil tank location. Thinking of making one of these ot of carbon also. well see how much time i have this summer

and my air box. Never built one for 4 cylinders before:face-icon-small-win

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Bacically just waiting on a bunch of parts.
  • Rails
  • turbine inlet flange
  • fuel controller
  • bar risers
  • rear wheels
  • boost guage

should all be in the first of the week

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Sweet build. You aren't far away, give me a shout if you wanna come ride on the west end of the state. The four banger motors can't be beat. A few of us around here are still running them and we can still manage to make jaws drop when we meet up with other riders. Mines got around 4500 miles on it and still runs like new. 300hp and a 174x3 is a helluva combo.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Funny, never noticed it on mine. Sorry to get off track here...anyway keep up the good work.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
back at it tonight!
got my turbo mounted for good. It turned out about an inch lower than i had it before

Also got my fuel controler. has an external 3 Bar map sensor that will help the fueling compensate for boost and tempature.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
tacked up my air box and charge tube. Ill be running less than 10LBS for now so no intercooler. If i find myself going over 8 ill look into charge air cooling

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Man I can't wait to see how this turns out.
I'd REALLY like to see it in person!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You know the questions of weight will be a main topic of conversation.

Are you able to weigh what you have at this point?

Premium Features