• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track swaps a breeze

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Anyone that ever swapped a track on the proclimb/ascender knows how much it sucked.

Cat made some huge improvements here. From the time I pulled it into the garage to the new track being in, 146-154 swap was 22 minutes. This will easily be under a 30 minute swap for anyone mechanically inclined. No oil mess, no beating the crap out if the brake caliper and there's plenty of room to work.

The most annoying part now is the alluminum nuts that hold the scratchers to the front arm.

20231122_144840.jpg 20231122_143150.jpg 20231122_144141.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Nice! Even with a belt drive the previous chassis is a PITA. Even the M-series was easier I feel.

What's it look like with the 154 sticking out of the 146 tunnel?

P
Mar 23, 2018
What does the driveshaft/brake caliper interface look like? All my procross sleds damaged the driveshaft over time due to the poorly executed slip fit. I was told they updated this area?

R
Feb 26, 2008
Anyone that ever swapped a track on the proclimb/ascender knows how much it sucked.

Cat made some huge improvements here. From the time I pulled it into the garage to the new track being in, 146-154 swap was 22 minutes. This will easily be under a 30 minute swap for anyone mechanically inclined. No oil mess, no beating the crap out if the brake caliper and there's plenty of room to work.

The most annoying part now is the alluminum nuts that hold the scratchers to the front arm.
Why were you ever beating on the caliper?

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
If your belly pan wasn't perfectly straight it wouldn't clear the alluminum lip. On the catalyst everything outside the caliper and belt drive removes and there's nothing in your way.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
nice track mods. is this e-start? I thought Polaris puts battery tray in front of belt drive, id be curious which e start model could do a belt change on the snow quicker, I think they are getting light enough id probably get e start now.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
nice track mods. is this e-start? I thought Polaris puts battery tray in front of belt drive, id be curious which e start model could do a belt change on the snow quicker, I think they are getting light enough id probably get e start now.

Polaris does put the e-start battery and bracket right in the way. Kind of a PITA. Cv customs makes a lightweight battery kit for it that knocks 13.2 lbs and moves it out of the way-ish. Definitely not that much out of they way but probably make the swap possible without pulling it all out.

Last edited:

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007

so what if you wanted to put the longer cooler in the M, does it look like the cooler re and re would not be too bad?

Premium Features