• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering post options

N
Mar 13, 2011
Hey guys,

Lent the sled to a buddy this weekend, and he bent the steering post. I do have a large rise on it, because I’m 6’1” and it was painful to ride. What are my steering post options in 2022? Had this been 04, the wildchild post would go in. Who currently makes genII posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Unfortunately, I doubt anyone's still making such a thing. If any of the companies who used to make them are still around, you can try contacting them; there's just a chance they have such a thing in the back room, or could be talked into fabricating one. Option two is to take what you've got to a local fabricator and see if they can handle it. Otherwise, ebay or a used parts house is probably your best option. My old EDGE has a 2" riser, and even that may be asking for trouble. It's kind of a crummy situation, moreso the taller you are: the steering posts were a little weak for aggressive mountain riding to begin with, and taller bars mean more leverage on that already-weak point.

Premium Features