• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Schooled 6... disappointing.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
With each new release of the Schooled series (I really enjoy 1-5) you can always count on George getting better behind the camera and in the editing room. Burandt, Rasmussen and gang riding killer terrain. And a few helpful tips or new moves to try when you're on the backcountry (Schooled, right?).

Schooled 6 tips:
1. How your stock suspension sucks and you need upgraded Fox shocks.
2. A move called the "bow tie" that Skinner finally completes after a season of trying. Perhaps 1% of all sledders could execute it, with a turbo.
3. How the Skinz A.R.C. is a must-have for serious hill climbing.

Two paid advertisements and move I'll probably never attempt. Maybe I expect to much?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
yes i was disappointed with schooled 5 and decided to pass on 6 because with each years release after the first 4 is less and less about techniques and more and more the same footage that was left on the editing floor from all the other movies.

I guess when it comes down to it there are only a hand full of techniques you need to know. the rest are just moves they put a name to a call a technique

i enjoy watching skilled riders to what they do best but it just seems that these videos have became just footage that did not make the real movie and they add a few funny names to some of the moves and sell it to finance their next trip.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
your just mad because you cant do a bowtie cuz you can't afford the burandt edition shocks or the arc setup.

but in all honesty, kinda bummed. was stoked to get this, up to #4 was awesome to watch. took some of the wind from my sails.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
I agree 100 % I just bought and watched 6 - very disappointing.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
I liked B E burandts latest film.;).zoomed in slowmo and music was cool on the big screen.

M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
I'm already missing the four cast series. I agree with schooled 1-4 being great videos and 5 being not so good, didn't bother with 6.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
your just mad because you cant do a bowtie cuz you can't afford the burandt edition shocks or the arc setup.

Love the sarcasm, LOL. You know, I probably could have more goodies put on my sled. But in my case, and probably many others, it's the indian not the arrow - Or making improvements in the rider (me) will get me to more places than new parts.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
i also got Schooled 6 and was just as disappointed as the original poster. I was expecting some good (new) tips on riding. Not ads and what appeared to be left over footage. Oh well, some good / crazy riding to watch, but will probably pass on this one next season.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Agreed starting to get dissapointed. On the bright side my girlfriend likes the techno music which is in the whole film.

Also CB is my favorite rider, always has been. But literally his past 3-4 years of sled movies have all the been same. Him doing crazy hop overs in the trees or right by the trailside somewhere. Even me being a fan thinks its getting old. No need for me to spend 30$ every year to see the same slow mo hopovers on a slightly different wrapped sled every year.

Try out the 509 movies, really really like the direction they went last year, and this years is just as good. Very good production value and a somewhat different take on sled films.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Agreed starting to get dissapointed. On the bright side my girlfriend likes the techno music which is in the whole film.

Also CB is my favorite rider, always has been. But literally his past 3-4 years of sled movies have all the been same. Him doing crazy hop overs in the trees or right by the trailside somewhere. Even me being a fan thinks its getting old. No need for me to spend 30$ every year to see the same slow mo hopovers on a slightly different wrapped sled every year.

Try out the 509 movies, really really like the direction they went last year, and this years is just as good. Very good production value and a somewhat different take on sled films.

i agree with what everyone has said. The 509 movie and Boondockers 11 seem to be the best this year in my opinion. For some reason the rest just seemed to be the same footage again.

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Glad I didn't purchase the newest schooled this year...

Apparently Rasmussen is making his own movie this year? Heard him mention it at the Puyallup snow show seminar he put on.. Anyone else have any info on it? He said it would be basically a straight up teaching film, more like schooled 1-3.

Premium Features