• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rmsha noob

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Planning on doing my first rmsha next month, have a few questions if anyone here has raced them.

My cat has a crazy short tunnel, I could rig a flap onto it that touches the ground but will it pass tech? It won’t be pretty.

What classes run what courses? I don’t want to run a dumbed down course.

What class have you raced and what is your skill set? Ive raced snox and race mx a lot, solid A racer on dirt, consider my sledding skill set higher but not going to enter the pro class, semi pro? Amateur class looks like a beginner class?

Does the locals and new member classes run the main course? Don’t want anything easier or less competition.

How many classes do you race?

Was going to bring two sleds, axys racer and my cat or maybe borrow a stock axys 800. My cat is pretty modified and will limit what classes I can race. Can you run aftermarket a arms in the stock class?

And damn, most expensive race weekend I’ll ever do, dirt bike racing is a bargain in comparison.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven

that should have alot of answers for you, there are checklists, and lots of info

run as many classes as your sled qualifies for or you can afford

good luck

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
forgot, there is also a rmsha facebook page. may be a good place for more advice. most all of the rmsha community is pretty awesome

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
As far as I know, it’s not something you just show up to and decide to race, you will also need a membership to get your number.
If you are a known “skilled” rider you will be in the higher classes. There is also a blue lane and red lane runs. My dealer just put together a race team and this is their rookie season, but they have “know” riders on the team, so they are not in amateur class like one of the team members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Haven't done a RMSHA race, but I can tell you from the few hillcross races I have done a good backcountry sled setup isn't necessarily a good race setup. You'll actually want some ski pressure. Not only to keep the front down when climbing and keep the track digging, but also so it will bite and steer around some of the corners that you're not on edge going around.

Premium Features