• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ReaperMotorsports 800 headlight delete and cold air intake.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I have one question, maybe I'm missing this but what keeps snow from getting into the motor if the front vent gets a hole ripped in it from a stick. Is the a block off plate of some kind. Looking at doing this and was wondering.Thanks

front cold air..jpeg

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
The only way I've found to put a hole in these is with a flame what you don't seen behind the prefilter is the stainless steel powder coated mesh giving the entire vent strength along with strengthening the hood itself which allows you to remove the entire area behind the vent in one big hole and not hole after hole. These things can take a beating with the way they are setup

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
The only way I've found to put a hole in these is with a flame what you don't seen behind the prefilter is the stainless steel powder coated mesh giving the entire vent strength along with strengthening the hood itself which allows you to remove the entire area behind the vent in one big hole and not hole after hole. These things can take a beating with the way they are setup

I don't doubt they're tough, but how tough? I've punched a branch through the stock plastic air intake in the bottom area exactly where that vent is. It's vulnerable, but a bumper does help prevent that.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
If you hit a stick that hard that, a hole in a vent is the last thing to worry about. I would ratter buy a stronger bumper that covers more of the intake area! ;)

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
So if we wanted to we could just not put a intake vent down there and keep that solid.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Yes if you wanted you could leave that front vent off, I havent had anyone say they tested it out on a big hit yet but if your going to hit something hard enough to go through the plastic theres no saying what it will do It could break it around the vent or it could crack it somewhere. But if its going to do enough damage to go through the plastic anyway its probably not going to matter too much with or without the vent there. But if a bumper was there that would help too

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I'll be in touch then, I want one of these. Thanks for answering my questions.

A
Oct 30, 2008
Yes, ofcourse it changes the sound. But, how much higher dB vise. For example an otherwise stock machine with pod filters sounds horrible.. Any vids when riding?

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas

Interesting intake with the 2 filters.....so is that the only air intake for turbo, those 2 prefilters? How does it work?

In all these aftermarket hoods, the fit/finish, attachment, removal, airbox, venting......doesn't appear anyone has it 'all' figured out!!

Premium Features