• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb M1000 build tread

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Project is slow, and lack of snow this season is not helping on motiviation.
Anyhow, there has been an increase in requests for Tcl`s, so we did run a batch of 5 tcls now.
2 is already spoken for, that leaves 3 tcls available. If you are into building your own proclimb 1000, this tcl will add 400usd to your budget.

Tcl`s.jpg

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
So we are now in the final stage of producing the bottom motor mounts also. Pictured is the last 3d printed prototype before final changes.
First production run of 10 sets is now ordered, and scheduled for end of february.
With these brackets and the TCL, it is a mechanical complete drop in solution for the engine itself.

Now there is just a pipe mod, intake mod, and the frame strut between tunell and left front shock tower that need to be modified to make the big twin fit into the proclimb chassie.

For the inclined mechanic, these modification is easy. For the avreage joe, they can be abit more demanding.
Of the 3 modifications left, pipe and intake are the most difficult one.
I have started on designing a new intake box that will fit the 1000 TB, but it is the most challenging design so far in this conversion project. If, or when it will be finished, it will be available as a 3d printed intake in plastic.
If there is a demand, I will continue to develop parts to make the 1000cc conversion as close to a drop in solution as possible. When it comes to the pipe, I will not be able to offer anything, but there should be others that could build pipes if there is market for it.

Engine mount.jpg

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Nice work.
I've got your TCL for the 1000 cc motor on the way. Haven't received it yet though.
I'm going to want the bottom motor mount and the intake when there ready.
So we are now in the final stage of producing the bottom motor mounts also. Pictured is the last 3d printed prototype before final changes.
First production run of 10 sets is now ordered, and scheduled for end of february.
With these brackets and the TCL, it is a mechanical complete drop in solution for the engine itself.

Now there is just a pipe mod, intake mod, and the frame strut between tunell and left front shock tower that need to be modified to make the big twin fit into the proclimb chassie.

For the inclined mechanic, these modification is easy. For the avreage joe, they can be abit more demanding.
Of the 3 modifications left, pipe and intake are the most difficult one.
I have started on designing a new intake box that will fit the 1000 TB, but it is the most challenging design so far in this conversion project. If, or when it will be finished, it will be available as a 3d printed intake in plastic.
If there is a demand, I will continue to develop parts to make the 1000cc conversion as close to a drop in solution as possible. When it comes to the pipe, I will not be able to offer anything, but there should be others that could build pipes if there is market for it.

View attachment 367123

Last edited:

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Good to see it arrived.
Been following tracking, and that had me worried. Its been 4 weeks shipping time. Will have to look into Dhl for shipping next time.

Motor mounts are in production now, so they should be here 1st week of march. Air intake is still on the drawing stage, and working me there slowly. Dont have an idea yet of when it will be finalized.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Good to see it arrived.
Been following tracking, and that had me worried. Its been 4 weeks shipping time. Will have to look into Dhl for shipping next time.

Motor mounts are in production now, so they should be here 1st week of march. Air intake is still on the drawing stage, and working me there slowly. Dont have an idea yet of when it will be finalized.
Still interested in purchasing a plate and motor mount from you. Stalled myself on doing this but have collected most of the other things I need and if I had your plate and mount I will have a pump gas PC1000 turbo on snow before end of season here.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Still interested in purchasing a plate and motor mount from you. Stalled myself on doing this but have collected most of the other things I need and if I had your plate and mount I will have a pump gas PC1000 turbo on snow before end of season here.
It's best to send him a email.
He's a good guy to deal with.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I try not to spend to much time online, rather offline to manage all that is to be done:)
Just email me, and I will get your question answered.
About air intake, I am way behind scheme, and will not be able to have a deign tested before season ends.

But here is the motor mount kit complete. Just missing some hardware before it is ready to ship.
M1000 motorkit_1.jpg
M1000 motorkit.jpg

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I try not to spend to much time online, rather offline to manage all that is to be done:)
Just email me, and I will get your question answered.
About air intake, I am way behind scheme, and will not be able to have a deign tested before season ends.

But here is the motor mount kit complete. Just missing some hardware before it is ready to ship.
View attachment 369836
View attachment 369835

Daltech
I received the motor mounts you sent me.
Thanks

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Finally have my bucket list of parts and will be assembling a 1000 Ascender this fall. Picked up a 2018 Mountain Cat 162 with a blown engine. Got the Daltech plates, a new 2014 chassis harness to match up to the 2010 ECU and an SLP pipe to modify. Leaving engine stock with freshened top end. Would like to find a place to machine the Team clutch to 35 mm taper for 1000 engine. Otherwise I have lots of 35 mm clutches. Wondering if the Daltech M1000 ever got dialed or if still sitting in a corner awaiting the most expensive commodity of all (time).

Dstickan

TimelessTurbo
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2018
Wisconsin
Hey guys, I lost my 1000 in my garage fire this summer and dont want to write it off yet (it was brand new). What should I expect when looking to start this project? I luckily found a rolling 2018 Mountian Kitty for sale that would be the base of my build if we are able to keep that in mind, please. I have 3 weeks until my group is heading west and I want to be able to surprise them by going with. I have a rolling chasis, motor, new belt drive, and wondering if i should do a Alpha swap or just stretch it out with 162 rails.....
I see that this has been a while since any updates, are there any updates?
Are you still looking at 3 week lead time? Has the exhaust and other bugs gotten worked out?
Very Interested in this project and currently loosing sleep over it. Any factual info on cost, people to talk to, parts needed, programming, exhaust, the unexpected, and whatever I'm not thinking of that can be given would be greatly appreciated.
Oh almost forgot to mention, I will be running a turbo if it's still good after the fire, it's being opened up this weekend.
?Please all info putting me in the right direction would be awesome, and anything that would save some time on stress and things "not to do" are welcomed also if you would please be VERY CLEAR in the info you're giving me. Trying to come back from a horrible loss in West Yellowstone in 2021 that stopped a few of us that grew up together from making our 10th consecutive year riding the mountains.
Thank you in advance to everyone that is able to help this trip become a reality.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Hey guys, I lost my 1000 in my garage fire this summer and dont want to write it off yet (it was brand new). What should I expect when looking to start this project? I luckily found a rolling 2018 Mountian Kitty for sale that would be the base of my build if we are able to keep that in mind, please. I have 3 weeks until my group is heading west and I want to be able to surprise them by going with. I have a rolling chasis, motor, new belt drive, and wondering if i should do a Alpha swap or just stretch it out with 162 rails.....
I see that this has been a while since any updates, are there any updates?
Are you still looking at 3 week lead time? Has the exhaust and other bugs gotten worked out?
Very Interested in this project and currently loosing sleep over it. Any factual info on cost, people to talk to, parts needed, programming, exhaust, the unexpected, and whatever I'm not thinking of that can be given would be greatly appreciated.
Oh almost forgot to mention, I will be running a turbo if it's still good after the fire, it's being opened up this weekend.
?Please all info putting me in the right direction would be awesome, and anything that would save some time on stress and things "not to do" are welcomed also if you would please be VERY CLEAR in the info you're giving me. Trying to come back from a horrible loss in West Yellowstone in 2021 that stopped a few of us that grew up together from making our 10th consecutive year riding the mountains.
Thank you in advance to everyone that is able to help this trip become a reality.
Daltech has sold off all the plates he had made and you would have to message him to see if he would make more. I talked to Brent Linderman at Arctic Edge and he has the program for his CNC mill that will build the plates as well with an extra motor mount to bulkhead. Still need to make plates for under engine mounts, turbo kit would be using yours for parts but basically starting from scratch fabrication wise or mod an 800 Proclimb kit with a bigger turbo (I have a used BD Proclimb kit and an M1000 Twisted kit I would combine to make one for mine possibly in future). As for Intake for turbo I would take your 1000 turbo airbox and modify where the air inlet comes in unless it was an early Boondocker one with intercooler and it would probably work as is. Exhaust would be more work than N/A as stock pipe is harder to fit in than an aftermarket one. D&D used to make a turbo pipe (thicker) and might be easiest to put in if you could find one. Wiring harness needs to be swapped out with a 17 or older Proclimb harness and use the 09+ 1000 ECU. M1000 harness could be used but some shortening/lengthening of certain wires needed. Fuel Mapping changes as the Ascender fuel pump puts out a lot more pressure than the M series and Proclimb, good for a turbo kit but need to adjust fueling appropriately. I Alpha swapped mine as I wanted to try something new (to me) but I would be just as happy riding with twin rail 165 Doo track setup that I was going to use. So far I am happy with the swap and love the fact engines are easy to come by, less expensive to fix and I feel are more reliable than the CTEC. Might be a stretch to build this in 3 weeks and have it dialed for a trip out west. My fueling adjustments riding around my yard were pretty far off compared to when I got it on the mountain and I only have a 10 minute drive to unload at 4000 ft and test. Sucks to travel a long distance and have your sled be a turd (been there).

Dstickan

TimelessTurbo
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2018
Wisconsin
Daltech has sold off all the plates he had made and you would have to message him to see if he would make more. I talked to Brent Linderman at Arctic Edge and he has the program for his CNC mill that will build the plates as well with an extra motor mount to bulkhead. Still need to make plates for under engine mounts, turbo kit would be using yours for parts but basically starting from scratch fabrication wise or mod an 800 Proclimb kit with a bigger turbo (I have a used BD Proclimb kit and an M1000 Twisted kit I would combine to make one for mine possibly in future). As for Intake for turbo I would take your 1000 turbo airbox and modify where the air inlet comes in unless it was an early Boondocker one with intercooler and it would probably work as is. Exhaust would be more work than N/A as stock pipe is harder to fit in than an aftermarket one. D&D used to make a turbo pipe (thicker) and might be easiest to put in if you could find one. Wiring harness needs to be swapped out with a 17 or older Proclimb harness and use the 09+ 1000 ECU. M1000 harness could be used but some shortening/lengthening of certain wires needed. Fuel Mapping changes as the Ascender fuel pump puts out a lot more pressure than the M series and Proclimb, good for a turbo kit but need to adjust fueling appropriately. I Alpha swapped mine as I wanted to try something new (to me) but I would be just as happy riding with twin rail 165 Doo track setup that I was going to use. So far I am happy with the swap and love the fact engines are easy to come by, less expensive to fix and I feel are more reliable than the CTEC. Might be a stretch to build this in 3 weeks and have it dialed for a trip out west. My fueling adjustments riding around my yard were pretty far off compared to when I got it on the mountain and I only have a 10 minute drive to unload at 4000 ft and test. Sucks to travel a long distance and have your sled be a turd (been there).
Spoon, Thanks!

I've been reading and re-reading your build the last couple nights while working a new night shift gig that gives me lots of time to do other stuff. Haven't finished reading all of because I'm ADHD and get torn in 13 different directions looking for parts available and whatever else presents itself. I have wondered if the 1200BB kit would be worth it, then turbo that. I've got a few different turbos and different parts that made it through my garage fire summer of 2022, but I don't have the intake parks for sure, plastic didn't last long. You're in Canada right? Hit me up whenever you've got some time to chat. ***** I do NOT accept unprogrammed calls so please send a text first or PM me if you're willing so I can program if you only have a land line and I can call you for free.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I have couple guys asking for these kits now, and I am considering doing a production run if I can sell 4 kits or more. If anyone interested, you can email me at: post at tpservice.no

Premium Features