• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk setup

D
Nov 2, 2008
Heading out to West on Saturday. This is only my second trip out that way. 2013 Pro RMK/155”.
A few questions: Should I put the skis at the narrow position? I know last year they were but I only had a couple rides on it before I went out there. Is narrow just preferred for deep snow?

What about suspension settings? I mainly ditch ride here in NW Wisconsin. Seems like the suspension is kind of soft to me for ditch riding. Jumping driveways and such usually brings the suspension to its limits, and it’s fairly cranked up already. It’s usually a mix of hard pack with loose snow over it, or fresh areas that have not been ridden this year. It’s not bottomless by any means.

I had trouble last year keeping it on edge. It got a little better when my skills improved but even the guys that rode it that are good riders said the same thing. They came from newer iron like the Khaos and Axys. But maybe it’s just harder to do because of the chassis.
Foot placement is something I need advice on. IIRC, I was way forward on the running boards and mashing my toes.

I am not an amateur, rookie rider or wrencher , but it is just not my bailiwick out there yet.

And the best part is that I partially tore my ACL 30% and PCL 50% right before Xmas. Doing pretty good now. The PT gal said just don’t tear it anymore and you will not need surgery. It’s doing pretty good all things considered. I can almost bend it all the way—-well, maybe not almost….

Thanks for the help crew.
D

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Put the skis in the narrow setting. Better yet get a 36" front too. A lot easier to lay over.

D
Nov 2, 2008
The narrow is 37.5” as I have it now. If I go narrow, I’d probably just get a sled that allows for it.
I’m heading out in a couple days, so any advice is much appreciated.
Got the weights changed and ready to go. My riding skills are what’s lacking however.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Less preload on your front track shock will get you on top of the snow quicker but makes it harder to turn. So if set up snow or to turn easier more preload there and less preload on your front skis. Put the back track shock preload just so you dont bottom out on jumps or approaches. You can find a used narrow alternate impack front end for cheap on those. Can use your same shocks.

D
Nov 2, 2008
I’d like to find the narrow aftermarket arms for a decent price. Know of any?

Trip is over and driving home tomorrow. Not a lot of fresh snow but played in and around the trees.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Just do a search for 36 inch kit on here. Look on facebook marketplace and here. I used alternate impact and could use my same shocks

Premium Features