• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PowderKeg and Fuel Keg install on 2011 PRO RMK

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Turbolover......can you repost your pics of the skidoo keg mounted on your Polaris? Did you mount the fuel keg and powder keg?

I'd love to see the cat style mounted on Polaris's too. They have double to storage capacity. 800 cu. in. to 1900 cu. in. is a big increase!

No I didn't mount the fuel jug just the powder keg.

somehow I deleted the originals. here are some that i took with my phone.

2011-08-21_18-21-53_476.jpg

2011-08-21_18-22-57_337.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have the polaris on the pro and have a cat one on a cat. The cat is overly big. The polaris one would be perfect if it didn't have the bump up in the middle. I would have put the polaris one on the cat if I had known it was that big.

turbolover

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Polaris Powderkeg

I agree that the skidoo is a bit big but If the Polaris one didnt have such a big bump in the bottom of it it would be much better.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
I installed new pads under the shovel for this season. I noticed that the circular pads werent all that big and the shovel could move around and make contact with the tunnel. After I polished the tunnel I installed them.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
When I changed out the pads I was checking for fitment of the fuel keg under the seat and I found that I was able to remove a little bit of material from bottom of the tank and it allowed it to come out from under the seat a little better.

G

Grizzly Mtn

Jan 14, 2009
Central Oregon
Powder Keg Install

Barry, I just read your post about gas can fitment being a bit tight. Powder Keg is coming out with a new seat bracket that will be a little bit bigger making the gas can slide in and out easier. Just thought I would give you an update on that. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me. Thanks JIM

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Here is the new polaris model, I actually won the powder keg of my choice from them from liking their facebook page. If you have facebook like them they are giving away a shovel once a month and possibly if they get enough followers might give away another unit!

It will be in wednesday, i ordered this one. I mainly did cause its fits the IQ Pro and new cat depending on what will replace my 700 in the next year or two.

314319_245762178818217_126447440749692_666786_579197394_n.jpg 392303_238161312911637_126447440749692_647514_1800884725_n.jpg

Last edited:
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
its actually the pro climb one but has Polaris mounting hardware. That why i got it, its fairly universal as long as your in the 153-155 or longer length of tracks.

I would be very leary of putting that much weight, that far back on my Pro. I went with the Powderkeg setup that tucks part of the fuel can under the seat with the smaller storage compartment. There are warnings on the tunnel and in the owner's manual not to exceed 15 lbs. on the rear of the tunnel. If I had that large storage box, I know I would carry far more than 15 lbs. especially when you consider the weight of the Powderkeg to begin with. Can you say "tweaked tunnel" boys and girls ? Sure, I knew you could. Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

turbolover

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I ran mine all last year and had no problems with it.
I know its a 15 lb weight limit so it has a shovel 2 small water bottles an extra belt some rags and usually my polar fleece top and an extra pair of gloves. Not much just bulky

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
I would be very leary of putting that much weight, that far back on my Pro. I went with the Powderkeg setup that tucks part of the fuel can under the seat with the smaller storage compartment. There are warnings on the tunnel and in the owner's manual not to exceed 15 lbs. on the rear of the tunnel. If I had that large storage box, I know I would carry far more than 15 lbs. especially when you consider the weight of the Powderkeg to begin with. Can you say "tweaked tunnel" boys and girls ? Sure, I knew you could. Good luck !!

Hey HV,
when you mounted your powder keg and tank, was your fuel keg kinda lose under your powder keg and seat, i mounted mine last week and my tank is kinda lose under there (1/4 to 3/8's forward and backwards) and i don't think its going to work for me, i just wondered if this is standard or if i did something wrong. i have talked to them about this and have not heard back. We get into some technical riding and i don't want this thing moving around.

Thanks

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
jdw1, I haven't noticed any looseness or fitment issues. Fuel caddy is a really snug fit under seat and the storage unit seems to latch down very tight. So far I've got 170 miles of tree riding, climbing, smooth and rough trails and I've had zero issues.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
jdw1, I haven't noticed any looseness or fitment issues. Fuel caddy is a really snug fit under seat and the storage unit seems to latch down very tight. So far I've got 170 miles of tree riding, climbing, smooth and rough trails and I've had zero issues.

Ok!

Thanks!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I ran mine all last year and had no problems with it.
I know its a 15 lb weight limit so it has a shovel 2 small water bottles an extra belt some rags and usually my polar fleece top and an extra pair of gloves. Not much just bulky

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

If you're only carrying that much stuff, you're probably fine. I carry 4-5 water bottles and assorted tools in my "small" Polaris P-Keg. I just know that if I had a large Doo or Pro Climb model, I'd probably pack enough stuff to fold my Pro's tunnel in half. Can't help it. If the space is there, I'll use it.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I use mine for a spare shovel and mainly extra gloves and layers. I keep my water and food in the pack. Some trails are so crazy rough I had my previous fabric bag explode cause of one water bottle and it was stuffed with extra goggles gloves and such. Lost it all on the trail down the mountain. Im thinking im only using the fuel keg if i go to the mountains and I just use the powder keg around home when im not wearing a pack.

Premium Features