• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder=throttle sticking/freezing

Thank the lord for all this new snow I was aboutnto trade my pro for a rzr. Was riding monday and keep having troubles when blasting through the pow with snow compacting in my throttle. On both sides so sometimes I can't get full throttle and others it's stuck packed n froze wide open, takes a knife to clear the ice/snow but next ride it does it again. I ride with no windshield or handgaurds but friend has same sled with stock hand guards and has similar problem... Any quick fixes?

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Had the same problem with an older sled, i soaked it all in wd-40 and it helped. I sprayed some down the cable too to keep it from freezing in there.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
even better to just replace the throttle. i had the same issue. it doesn't happen all the time, just in the right snow conditions. i replaced mine with an aftermarket throttle block and zipped tied/taped the kill switch under the hood. i can even still get to it. much happier with it now and no sticky throttle issues.

pv

I'll try the wd-40 trick and was also going to try n make my own throttle shield and try it in the very deep snow this weekend. Who makes an aftermarket throttle block and are they spendy? Also what's everybody using to keep snow from sticking? I've heard spraying your sled with Pam, WD-40, Armor all...... I just don't want oil all over my sled, heard maybe waxing it works too

D
Oct 13, 2008
Have not had it happen on my pro, but happened several times on my revs. I now just carry some lock de-icer spray with me just incase. It works great to de-ice a frozen throttle and lubs it at the same time. It also keeps it from refreezing.

Premium Features