• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder freaks center drive on 2.75” tracks

S
Dec 28, 2009
Anyone try the powder freaks center drive unit on their 3.5” pitch tracks?

I do t have any issue with ratcheting but the damn vibrations are driving me nuts.

I really don’t want to hack up my trails either .... I was told the powder freaks center drive makes better contact with the track drive windows and therefore smoother and does not require as much tension

Any first hand reports of this driver ?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the powder freaks center drive on my 2.86 track and I also have lots of vibration, but I also put the 2.5 PEAK track on it and I just figured the vibration came from that.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I tried putting ice age 8” hellfire wheels in when the 2.75 was new and they wouldn’t fit. I know this track stretches a lot, but 8” wheels were too big when it was new. I went with the offset axle.

Trimming rails is very easy. I’ve ran ice age, wahl bros, and mtntek anti stabs. Mtntek is the strongest. I wouldn’t even consider wahl bros again. And there was no extra trimming involved with mtntek. Just cut rails to clear the extroverts and increase hole size for anti stab bolt.
I know getting 9" wheels in there will be tight and I discussed with Tom at TKI. He told me that on the 163's, Polaris used 2 different rail lengths for the series 6 and series 7 tracks. With the 165 they did not change the length. He went on to say that if you wait until the tracks stretches to a point that you have 50% of the adjustment slot available, they will fit. I will try and let other know as soon as my wheels arrive next week.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I know getting 9" wheels in there will be tight and I discussed with Tom at TKI. He told me that on the 163's, Polaris used 2 different rail lengths for the series 6 and series 7 tracks. With the 165 they did not change the length. He went on to say that if you wait until the tracks stretches to a point that you have 50% of the adjustment slot available, they will fit. I will try and let other know as soon as my wheels arrive next week.
How do you offset the axle to keep the wheel flush with the hi fax?

Premium Features