• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer leaking oil out of oil pump/tach cable help

M
Mar 27, 2008
This thing is leaking though the tach cable where it screws onto the oil pump. I changed the gasket where the assembly bolts onto pump...but it is pushing up through the cable just sitting there not even running....whats the fix?

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
This thing is leaking though the tach cable where it screws onto the oil pump. I changed the gasket where the assembly bolts onto pump...but it is pushing up through the cable just sitting there not even running....whats the fix?

I have two phazers doing the same thing , i will have to try and find a parts break down of it as i have removed the cover , the gear will not come out , looks like there is a bearing press in there .!!!

Up date , it not a bearing, its the top of the oil seal and bushing i was looking at , got them removed and ordered new ones, if you just pull the black oil seal out with out damaging the bushing , you will only need the seal.

Yamaha part#-
seal 93104-06033-00
Bush-driven gear outer 821-17843-00-00
cover gasket 821-1781802-00

This is for 1993-1995 phazer ,

Thank for making me look in there.

Last edited:
K
Nov 5, 2022
Canada
Take off the cover again and pull out the gear,there is an o ring in there that needs to be replaced.
Hey sxr1000 I'm having the same problem have changed the seal 93104-06033-00 multiple times still leaks!
Can you elaborate on where this o ring is do I have to take the hole cover off behind the clutch?

K
Nov 5, 2022
Canada
I think he may have been talking about part #2 on the diagram. It's the only other seal around that area.
Oil Seal, S-Type

93101-10090-00

Pump Drive Gear
Thanks your your reply, turns out the seal I was getting was defective! I bought another seal from a diffrent shop and it has sealed it, changed #2 seal also too be safe.
While I had it all apart I noticed that the pump roll pin fell out, it won't pump without it so changed it.
Pump throw was off too, added some new shims.
Just thought I would mention this for anyone else having pump problems!

Premium Features