• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OK we've had the positive XP comments.. now how about the bad?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
My handle bar heaters work at Idle and on high will burn your hands and I didnt notice any Vibration

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Rode today and last weekend. I added weights to the primary and it is better but a softer spring is next. The stock setup had the sled hitting 6000 rpm when holding 20 kph. This high rev, for this speed is causing the un-necessary vibration and I think the belt problems as I don't believe the clutch grabs the belt tight enough and lets it slip to create heat. No dead belts yet for me. In addition the chassis is very rigid and this transmits vibs and shock to the rider. I am considering some Simmons Flex ski's as they completely improved the ride of my 03. It used to dart and wore out your arms before the day was done, now my 12 year old can handle it all day. My new XP does take more effort than expected to steer. Maybe a bit more adjustment will be all it needs?

W
Dec 1, 2007
paul,Idaho
xp

still working out the bugs and only found a few problems, they dont like to be parked on hills idleing they load up really bad. belt tension seems to be a big key if they are too tight they squeal and if they are too loose they slip but if you set the belt an 1/8 th of inch over the top it works good.the clutch needs more air so i took the plastis belt cover off and cut down the tool carrier for more air.

S
Dec 1, 2007
i havent even rode mine yet but am seriously thinking about taking back to dealer and asking for a refund under the lemon law. That plastic bs on secondary for belt removal and adjustment is an accident waiting to happen.

Premium Features