• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil pump adjustment ?

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Correct... My point is, that the marks are the factory recommended safe starting point. (Mine and several others have been off right from the factory). Verify the marks are set correctly FIRST, then determine usage, adjusting after that.

See too many that just say "go up two turns and call it good". Having no idea where it was initially, or even if the pump was adjusted where it should of been from the factory.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Correct... My point is, that the marks are the factory recommended safe starting point. (Mine and several others have been off right from the factory). Verify the marks are set correctly FIRST, then determine usage, adjusting after that.

See too many that just say "go up two turns and call it good". Having no idea where it was initially, or even if the pump was adjusted where it should of been from the factory.

My point is, those marks are not the recommended safe starting point. The BEST thing to do is to monitor consumption on the first tank of fuel while you have pre-mix in the tank for safety. THEN, make an adjustment.

Sleds are delivered with settings all over the dial. I think the mistake you are making is the assumption that those marks correlate from sled to sled. They do NOT, that is why you see so many discrepancies from the factory. Lining up the marks could be 70:1 on one sled and 40:1 on another sled.

Save yourself the extra, potentially negative, first adjustment and just calculate actual usage asap.

D

dcamaro

Nov 22, 2010
South Dakota
I got a 2011 Pro 800 155 and with 1300 miles I blew the motor. My mechanic said that it burned down because of it being to lean and not letting it warm up properly. It took a piston and the crank. $2500.00 bill at the end of it all. OUCH !!!! He turned up the oil pump and told me to add 1/2 ounce of oil per gallon of gas to make sure it lubed properly. Rode 200 miles in the bighorns last week and performed very well.

Mar 1, 2022
maine
2022 xcr 650 13 miles crank shaft gone 6 in a half months to get back bad fuel pump as well is snow check sled with 4 year warrenty it needs it i rode a 2003 f7 19 years old no issues will never buy a polaris again

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
a '22 XCR would be Matryx, I believe; might want to post there. The oil pump is electronic since the AXYS and can't be adjusted. It's probably possible to reflash the ECU, but not many people have the tools to do that, and it'd void the warranty.

Premium Features