• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

North Shore Condtions....FYI

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
Went up to the North Shore on 3/8 based on the DNR's trail conditions report and wanted to pass on that they are being very generous with there "fair" and "goods". The trails are in pretty tough shape and if your driving any distance I would think twice. We unloaded in Two Harbors and it was really rough untill at least Finland.

Dom

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
ill second that.

The trestle Inn area had loose snow on the trails but closer to Silver Bay it isnt pretty. Ran scratchers the whole time. Hasn't snowed significantly since Mid January.
Still better then not riding.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I rode the Isabella area and had a ball, but I don't ride trails.

I did try and climb a tree though. Now I've got a broken foot. So does my sled.

Owen

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Owen - I need to go on boondocking trip up in that area sometime with you. I just don't know the area well enough to get very far off the beaten path. Shoot me a message the next time you all are heading out to pound the powerlines. I don't think I'd slow you down too much :)

Of course this is all contingent on you guys letting me invite myself along and putting up with a tag along. If your not interested I understand. Thanks, Ryan.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Grand junction
just got back from finland and if you are going to ride trails they were good shape with only a couple of bad spots, wouldn't venture off trail at all snow was pretty thin and rock hard, best riding was going down the river

F
Feb 7, 2003
MN
we were in grand marais last weekend & it was getting bad. trails are thin so groomer can't do much & its nothing but bumps. had a hard time getting off the trail as we did not know the area very well. they were getting snow when we left sunday (3/23). don't know if it amounted to much though.

S
Nov 26, 2007
In Duluth the snow has been melting pretty quick every day. We'll get some snow but then it will all be melted by 10 am the next day. I can't imagine that snow conditions are any better north of here.

Premium Features