• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New sled

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well the boy talked me in to getting back to sledding again so here we go.

just picked up a new 22 850 Khaos 165. Added a slp can handguards tether tunnel bag.

I have aligned the clutches and rechecked everything that ican think of.

is there anything that i'm missing.

Thanks

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Billet throttle block is clutch on those deep days to prevent icing up/cruise control.
I always carry a spare throttle flipper in the tunnel bag.
I’d also get a spare throttle safety switch or bypass. That can be a day ruined and a tow out if the stocker gets bashed by some branches or whatever.

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
I did add the Ibexx throttle block, I forgot to add that one.

Good info thanks.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Billet throttle block is clutch on those deep days to prevent icing up/cruise control.
I always carry a spare throttle flipper in the tunnel bag.
I’d also get a spare throttle safety switch or bypass. That can be a day ruined and a tow out if the stocker gets bashed by some branches or whatever.
Yes, on these needs. Nothing like getting stranded on a good powder day because the TSS takes a dump, as many of them do.

F

Funzy0798

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
Just make sure youre clutched right for your elevation and suspension is setup right for your weight. Sounds like dealers seem to overlook this pretty often. Softer RTS will make skis lighter, firmer will make it more planted and climb easier. Opposite for the FTS

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
UPDATE.
took the sled out for a break in trail ride today had 1 to 2 feet of snow. The one thing that i noticed was i was getting a sputter at 6500 6600 RPM;s it would not go above this. is this beacuse it's in break in or some other issue.

Thanks

F

Funzy0798

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
UPDATE.
took the sled out for a break in trail ride today had 1 to 2 feet of snow. The one thing that i noticed was i was getting a sputter at 6500 6600 RPM;s it would not go above this. is this beacuse it's in break in or some other issue.

Thanks
Nope that's not right. Should get above 8k even in break in

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
How many miles on the sled?
new or just new to you?
if new take it back under warranty.

Always check annd adjust the throttle cable. It would have to be pretty far out of adjustment to max out at 6600rpm, however.

check and/or replace plugs
improper voltage can cause a low idle.
any codes?
Clutching (wrong elevation, worn, dirty, bad belt)
power valves not opening fully
dirty power valves

im sure there are other things I’m missing.
good luck

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
New update found the problem the cable that runs the valves was not attached to the solenoid bracket so the valves we not working properly. Fix and run a crossed my yard. WOW she runs good now.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Premium Features