• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: SPG (Skinz Protective Gear) ELECTRONIC REMOTE COUPLED REAR SUSPENSION

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This thing looks pretty darn interesting.

I'm working on getting the straight story from the source on this one.

<iframe width="1075" height="605" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/skl6hjEJoBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
Nice product but Wow is it over priced IMHO Almost $1300 for one tiny shock.
I admit that I'll probably be getting one but its over half the price of a Kmod full suspension with raptors. If I didn't already have elka stage 5 shocks I'd go for the kmod instead.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
I don't know, perhaps the ability to couple and uncouple your skid at will is worth it. I run a Timbersled and to be able to make adjustments mid line without getting off the sled could be handy.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
As someone who has run stock skids, and coupled skids, i like both for certain scenarios, I rode a timbersled under various sleds for the past couple seasons and what I found was myself keeping the coupling very middle of the road. Playful yet with some body english could keep the skis down and rip some sweet climbs. although when the snow gets setup and im out with my buddies, i miss being able to just hang wheelies wherever with absolutely no coupling.

What I find impressive about the ARC is going from fully uncoupled goon riding ( I absolutely love doing this) to skis planted, getting serious on a climb with the flick of a lever. Its like switching from an oem skid to a timbersled/kmod/m10 in the flick of the wrist. It provides a really neat opportunity for huge setup variety, all available right away. No more one dimensional sled. I know I am looking to do one under a boosted XM 154 this season. I am trying to make the ultimate crossover, climber, jumper, boondocking machine and i think the ARC will be a critical component to allow me to optimize the sled for so many different types of terrain!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
What is the price for the electronic version?

Can you use different shocks (Exit, Raptor, etc) or is that shock specific to this application?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I just got off of the phone after a 45 min convo with SPG...

The mechanical ARC is about $1200

The Electronic ARC Has an MSRP of $2250 and will have limited availability for the 2014/15 season.

These both will be avail through WPS network or other SPG dealers.

Availability is Early november.

SPG is actually getting the newest version of the iCD shock BEFORE the mountain bike world sees it in production.

I'm working on getting more information and photos.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Can you use different shocks (Exit, Raptor, etc) or is that shock specific to this application?

The iCD Fox Float shock that Dan is holding at 1:45 into the video is specific to the system and what makes it work.

You will still need a stock PRO skid and it will work with the shocks of your choice on the stock skid.

<iframe width="1100" height="619" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Y2c-tkANKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
As someone who has run stock skids, and coupled skids, i like both for certain scenarios, I rode a timbersled under various sleds for the past couple seasons and what I found was myself keeping the coupling very middle of the road. Playful yet with some body english could keep the skis down and rip some sweet climbs. although when the snow gets setup and im out with my buddies, i miss being able to just hang wheelies wherever with absolutely no coupling.

What I find impressive about the ARC is going from fully uncoupled goon riding ( I absolutely love doing this) to skis planted, getting serious on a climb with the flick of a lever. Its like switching from an oem skid to a timbersled/kmod/m10 in the flick of the wrist. It provides a really neat opportunity for huge setup variety, all available right away. No more one dimensional sled. I know I am looking to do one under a boosted XM 154 this season. I am trying to make the ultimate crossover, climber, jumper, boondocking machine and i think the ARC will be a critical component to allow me to optimize the sled for so many different types of terrain!

I have a messege into a guru for adding to a Timbersled skid. This dosnt really un -couple/couple the skid it just changes the valving on compression stroke to keep the rear from compressing, Same as my Mt. bike does when i hit a lever on the shock, Am i correct on this assumption?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
anybody no the WPS Part number for a.r.c

WPS #'s

ARC- Mechanical #241-03225

ARC - Electronic #241-03225E

attachment.php

ICD SWITCH .jpg ARC-E.jpg