• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help solving mechanical issue for a newbie

P
Dec 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find some help/info on an issue I'm having with my 2015 Summit 800 T3 174 sled. It's my first sled so I don't know much about the engines but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Couple days ago I went out for my first day of the season. Sled was running great. Started all day on first pull. I had changed my chain case oil and tightened my chain just prior to going out. Oil was topped up. Rode for 8 hours and didn't have any issues all day. Loaded up back at the trucks and made the hour and a half drive home. When I went to unload my sled at home, it wouldn't start.

I kept trying and sometimes I could get it to start but it would putter and die right away. If I could get it to start again and gave it some gas, it would stay on but as soon as I let it idle it would die right away. It took a lot of pulls to get it to start. I tried having the throttle fully open and it would then start right away but then as soon as I would release the throttle, it would putter and die right away again.

I'm just confused as to how it was running great all day then would do this. I didn't have any crashes during the day. Not sure if it's relevant but the pull cord did seem like it wasn't right when I was trying to start it back at home. Also, not sure if it's relevant but it had been snowing all day and then raining on the drive home.

Hoping people can help out with information so I can sort this out.

Thanks in advance.

Premium Features