• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making the Pro run cooler?

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Use these on the skis. Snow shovels into the track. Was running 160+ with my 174 X3 MTNTK turbo and with the ski scratchers drops to 129. Bought mine from boost-it.

image.jpeg

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
My wife got her 2014 600 Pro up to 230 degrees getting back to our cabin on an icy road. She normally shuts it down at 170 but she didn't notice till she got back. She didn't tell me till we left for the weekend.

Damage?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Mine is starting to run too cool (less than 98F), need to start a new thread about how to make it run hotter lol.

Going to check tstat.

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
I never really understood the concept behind running no (or an always open ) thermostat. When the sled is hot the thermostat is going to be open anyways.

When the sleds get hot it is not an issue of coolant flow, but rather no way for the heat in the coolant to escape because of the lack of snow. If you reach back and your heat exchangers are hot, then everything is working as it should.

Also, the thermostat is there to help the sled come up to temperature in cold conditions, and prevent a cold shot of water to a hot engine.

I don't want to make anyone mad, its just my 2 bits. But maybe someone can explain it to me?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I honestly do think its a flow issue through the stock t-stat, it is too small/restricted. A larger remote t-stat runs cooler in the same conditions, this tells me it can flow more coolant through the same system.

I do not think running without a tstat is the best option though.

I do run without a stat on my 910 proxr but thats not a deep snow sled and the cooling system is different and encounters different situations, works great

Premium Features