• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M series skis

B
I found some cheap skis online from an m series and was wondering if they will fit on my 2012 proclimb. They are Simmons skis and they came off of an 05 m7. Not sure if the year matters or not but I don’t want to spend $500-$600 on skis either

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Different saddles and rubbers.
Can be made to work but won’t be direct swap.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
On slp skis it’s just swapping rubbers and spacers from ski to ski, one of the 8000 series rubbers required grinding some nubs off to fit that others didn’t, done so many I can’t recall specifics.

Where it’s Simmons I can’t tell you exactly, but it’ll involve getting your new rubbers to fit tightly into the old saddle plus rearranging spacers to fit or possibly getting new spacers. All should be available at hardware store or dealer for rubbers.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Tried using M-series saddles on my Proclimb when I first got it to swap my SLP skis over and cut the nubs off the rubbers. Couldn't keep the rubbers in place properly under the spindle (slipping out). Bought the proper saddles to address it. Only difference being the square holes for the nubs.

Premium Features