• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kx500 vs cr500 for snowbike?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Sounds good. I will be ordering the TB3's soon. I will also start studying the tunnel cooler threads. Might as well build that this summer too.
SB-is there a thread with pics on the CR carb heater u did? You ran the coolant from the bypass right?
Thanks.

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My stats were off the early 2000's exc bikes. Single in and out no bypass. In the 80's some cylinders (500) were tapped at the back of the cylinder. If you look at your cyl there is a flat spot just above the intake. I tapped my cyl there and run a short run to my heater and then to the bottom left rad with another fitting. Slick and super clean with two valves.

If i do a cooler it will be with no left rad and a Thermobob setup. If you check out Ravenous thread on his cooler on the KX500 he has super stable temps in all conditions. He was using a 185 Thermobob but i believe he has changed that possibly to a new style Thermobob with a lower temp stat now that its available.

Premium Features