• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issue with finger throttle

C
Mar 15, 2018
I put my finger throttle that I took off my '14 Summit on my '22 Summit. I was talking with a friend that rides a lot in Revy and he said that, more than once someone in his group had to ride out with vice grips because the barrel on the end of the throttle cable pulled off due to the cable hitting full throttle before the lever reaches the bar so if you pull hard on the lever to get full throttle it pulls on the barrel and it can eventually fail. This sounded like it made sense so I made a stop to stop the lever just as it hits full throttle so there is no excess stress on the cable. Just wondering what kind of experience others have had, how big of a problem is this or is it pretty rare?.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I’ve never heard of that, but it could be because your 14’ sled could have a longer throw than the 22’. I know after talking to Munster, they said that they specify for certain sleds due to the throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Mar 15, 2018
I’ve never heard of that, but it could be because your 14’ sled could have a longer throw than the 22’. I know after talking to Munster, they said that they specify for certain sleds due to the throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That could be in MY case possibly but then ones that reported to have failed were guys with the model of throttle for their specific sled I am assuming. I have read guys saying that they have had frayed cables due to the finger throttle but don't know if it is the same issue that I am describing. Also of note, the Muster throttle for the XM is NOT the same part number as the Gen 4 and it COULD be a difference in the throw, as you suggest, (since mine is 1/2" away from the bar when at WOT) I don't know. I DO know however, that the wiring for the warmer is different so that MAY be the only difference. I dunno.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
If the barrel on the cable end doesn't rotate smoothly in the throttle lever, it will kink and fray the cable right at the barrel. Sometimes you need to file the barrel smooth of its casting marks, and/or clean up the receiving end on the throttle lever.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I have rode with the munster finger since it came out with no issue. kinda sounds like you need to adjust your cable length. never heard of your issue before. and definetly do what Pickin Boogers said

Premium Features