• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing a Boondockers PG turbo on a 08 700 dragon

N
Oct 1, 2008
Boise, ID
I'm installing a turbo on my 08 700 dragon. I'm right at the point where I need to mount the oil tank, Just thought I'd share pics and see if anyone had any good advise. I'm mocking everything up to make sure it all fits then I'll drill and mount.

picture.php

picture.php

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Might consider adding a Avid billet chain case cover before ya button it up. The 08 plastic covers had issues and even with the update stiffener bracket and gob of foil it was still cheesey in my opinion.

100_6880.jpg

I also added a spring tab to the compressor and a couple exhaust springs to hold the unit to the tank. If your kit is new, this won't be an issue. Just the older ones.

100_6953.jpg

I would also be getting some duct tape or plugs on the intake and exhaust before you do any drilling or grinding.

This is the left front motor mount bolt,

100_6785.jpg

some boosted sleds were breaking these. Might want to replace it with an ARP bolt like this one.

If the new kits don't come with the intake boot bracket you'll want one of them too.

McCall2_09179.jpg

McCall2_09182.jpg

Good luck on your build. EW

N
Oct 1, 2008
Boise, ID
EW Thanks for the info! Are the guys running pump gas kits still having the intake boot problems? at most I'll be running 8-9psi. Where can I find one of those avid chain case covers. I had a problem with my plastic cover on my 07 as well.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I would think the intake boots are still a weak spot. Can't imagine Poo upgrading them for the boosted community. Justin can get ya a bracket no problem.

Chain case cover is here CLICKY. Have a good one. EW

Premium Features