• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Having a real hard time with throttle

P
Dec 15, 2018
When I was 12 or so I flew through an old truck windshield on our farm cause back in the day little kids drove trucks on farms lol. Anyway I cut my right hand almost off and all these years later (43) it just kinda a mess and does t work that great. I have a 21 artic cat hardcore and I was using thumb but my thumb doesn’t “oppose “ and so I had less control than I need. I put on a munster finger one and ride the first time today and we’ll it was rough . Is it just completely out of the question to change to left side bar. That’s so weird and iam sure my brain will hurt but my right hand is such a limp of meat I can not finesse the throttle at all and it makes this even harder to learn. Iam probably the worst ew snowmobiler in the world and iam getting kisses if just being damn stuck all day lol. FYI I have no idea what or how to make my handlebars any better. It was all most impossible for me to have full lock right and use throttle with munster

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Unscrew it from the bars, cut the zip ties to the throttle cable and move it over the other side and see. You have the problem of the brake though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
You mean like politics? Iam a registered republican. Doesn’t matter though I won’t do that on this site …
Front brakes on a dirt bike or street bike right hand? Maybe move it all. Or just sell them.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Sure, why not. Right hand brake would feel pretty natural if you ride dirt bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Took me a bit to get used to the finger throttle. Maybe just give it a few more trips? And maybe try playing with its adjustment up/down and left/right on the bars?

Premium Features