• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hanging Idle - 2024 G5

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Finally got out for a proper break-in ride this past Saturday and noticed after riding aggressively the idle would hang around 3-4K unless I completely let off the throttle. Wasn't bad enough to push through the brake but not an engine characteristic I experienced with my G4 turbo and past G4 N/As. Only motor mod is a Diamond S can. Didn't happen riding on the trail or during short bursts of play.

Anyone have this experience on their G5? Did doo change something with Break-In that would possibly lead to this? I didn't think anything of it until I saw someone else post on an 850 owners group on FB.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Finally got out for a proper break-in ride this past Saturday and noticed after riding aggressively the idle would hang around 3-4K unless I completely let off the throttle.
which kinda begs the question.
Just how much throttle were you holding onto when it kept a 3-4K idle??

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
which kinda begs the question.
Just how much throttle were you holding onto when it kept a 3-4K idle??
“hey! when I pull the trigger on my throttle, my rpm’s go up!?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Throttle input wasn’t the issue, hence why I noticed the motor was behaving differently than I expected it to given the throttle input I was giving it; not enough throttle to justify the RPM.

Snow/ice buildup is wasn’t the issue, not a pow day. Munster opens/closes freely, snaps closed upon release at least sitting in the shop. Double checked it acts the same with steering in either lock.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Lots of things can cause this changes to the cable that you have done and also a can. I must be the only one that rides a stock sled till break in is done to get a baseline and know the vehicle is correct before modifying.

Premium Features