• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G5 inner chaincase

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I need an inner chaincase really really bad. Does anyone out there have one or have a lead on one? They are back ordered currently with no eta. I’m also looking for hyvo gears, chain, and old style drive shaft. I appreciate any info you may have.
Thanks for your time!

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I'm doing a TKO belt Drive. Will have all the stock parts once I get it done that can go to someone

T
Dec 25, 2022
Idaho
Look at buying a 22 or older take the parts off then when the new stuff comes in put it back together and sell it... I have a 22 with 350 miles for sale if interested.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Are you familiar with what exactly is different between the two? If I remember right I think it’s just that the g5 has nutcerts instead of the through bolt like the g4? Is that correct?

They actually bolt up the same on a replacement.
The G5 is bolted on, the G4 is huck bolted but when you replace a G4 it needs a new bracket that bolts the chaincase on.
Apparently the G5 case being backordered has been a problem all winter according to my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features