• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For those snowchecking, which warranty package did you go with?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I understand your math, but there is one tiny flaw in your thinking. Please tell me I'm wrong but, I can't seem to find a bank willing to deal with used snowmobiles other than if you were to purchase used from a dealer. Is there a bank around that will refinance?

Get a line of credit from your personal bank and you can finance $10K worth of Twix bars if you want....

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I understand your math, but there is one tiny flaw in your thinking. Please tell me I'm wrong but, I can't seem to find a bank willing to deal with used snowmobiles other than if you were to purchase used from a dealer. Is there a bank around that will refinance?

Absoultey they will finance a used machine. What they will look at is too see if the machine is worth the lein against it. I dont think there is a bank out there that wouldnt loan against a 2011 machine for 3-4 thousand less then what the sled is worth.

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
does anyone have a copy of the warranty contract? I would be very curious as to what is or better yet what isn't covered.
the reason i say this is in 07 i had this 4 year snowcheck warranty on a switchback, don't know if it is diffferent in the usa as here in canada but the first year is yhrough polaris 2nd through 4th through general electric.
I had a thermostat go on me and it wasn't covered and if i would have toasted the motor due to the thermostat it would't have been covered either due to my neglect. Just wanted to share this with everyone before you get to cought up in the idea everything but belts covered:face-icon-small-win
One thing i did find selling a sled with a year or two warranty is worth some extra coin.
trying to get my dealer to get me a fresh copy of the not covered item list, will post when i obtain this

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
I did read the warranty coverage, years 2-4 covered very little on the sled, just motor clutches, jackshaft chain, gears and drive shaft , no electrical. Bumpers could fall on the ground and not be covered. BUT the two year covered more but had a 3000 mile limit, the 4 yr was unlimited mileage.

Premium Features