• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Expensive snowmobile clothes worth it?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Well I guess it's time to pay the piper...tore my ski bib leg pretty bad today when I got stuck under the dang thing. So there you have it....but I ain't ready for a Nascar onsie so I'll try a pair of 509 bibs cause iam having sticker shock with klim lol.
This is the exact reason why I like the 2 piece. Growing up through the 70's and 80s wearing onesies and they always eventually get a hole in them, stain, oil, gas etc. Easier just to buy a new set of bibs or jacket. Second, when your tall you can customize your fit easier if your longer in the legs than the torso and vice versa instead of the one size fits most of a onesie.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have tried a lot of gear and for jackets, bibs, my boots, and balaclavas, Klim has been far superior for me.

I buy my gloves, socks, base layers, etc., from a mix of others.

For most of my gear, the higher quality is worth the higher price.

It is a short season so I want gear that works all the time.

The good gear is easier to sell when used too.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Is the widespread view that klim isn't overpriced, but rather that it's well worth the money because it's so good? If I have a cool sled, an onsie, a carbon fiber helmet, and space age looking google lenses but can't side hill at all...do I suck real bad and deserve a beating or is that tough titty for you poor bastards?
You would have a better chance of side hilling if you try using goggles. Lol

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Now you’re struggling with riding a sledge, try a sled for luck. Your helmet may possibly be Canadian?…wrong fiber anyway.
Oh, and try some bag balm to soften up them tittys.

P
Dec 23, 2007
IMHO, the biggest difference between quality ski gear and quality snowmobile gear is the durability. The added durability of snowmobile gear comes with the trade off of weight. I ski midweek and snowmobile on my days off. I have two sets of gear. I tired to use my ski gear for sledding, but ended up ripping it to shreds.

I ended up buying a one piece suit for sledding. I’ve never owned a onesie before, but after having one for a few season, I’ll never buy bibs and a coat for sledding. I have the 509 suit. It’s quick to put on, bomber, Water proof, has plenty of vents and a multitude of pockets. There’s no risk of snow or wind coming in. Also, it is cheaper than buying bibs and a coat.

Oh yeah, it’s one last thing to forget when you’re hung over on a Saturday morning! ?

Cheers

Premium Features